Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Never a dull moment...


This afternoon I was chatting on the phone with Nate while putting my make up on because we needed to be out the door in about 30 minutes. Carter was keeping herself occupied, but unfortunately that can sometimes be a little risky. She suddenly appeared at the door of the bathroom with this puppy dog look on her face. "What's wrong?" I asked her. "I did it again," she said. "Did what again?" I asked. "What I did that day at the restaurant..." I instantly knew and went running for my cell phone, because what she "did again" was call 911!!!


See, my husband had this really great idea to get me a Blackberry (and it was a really great idea) except for one thing...when your phone is locked it is actually pretty darn easy to make a "emergency call". So, I'm immediately on the phone with a 911 operator, I explain what happens, we both have a good chuckle, end of story. WRONG. Fast forward 15 minutes and two very gung ho base police officers in the full fatigue get ups are knocking (rather emphatically) on my front door. I am still on the phone with Nate, I open the door and they look like they are ready to pounce. I explain again what happened and they insist they need to come in and look around to "make sure I am not in distress." Carter is playing quietly in her room and looks a little worried when she sees a couple of overly zealous GI Joe's (she had already asked me earlier if they were going to come and take her away!) When convinced that I am not harboring any criminals they turn things over to the other two guy's who had also arrived on scene (must have been a slow day at the office!) After taking down all my info. the ordeal was over.


Needless to say my Blackberry will be out of reach from now on. The End.

7 comments:

The Army of Allmans said...

That is too funny! I am so surprise this hasn't happened to me...but I have a friend that the same thing happened with her daughter. Maybe girls have the need to have protectors at thier becon call!

JANELLE said...

OMG!!! Never a dull moment!! I wish you would have asked them for a picture.. I would have loved to have seen it :) I am surprised the base police didn't come in a full armored vehicle!!!

Elaine said...

LOL!!! I wish I could have seen that!

Sam said...

Oh Wow! I could just imagine that and the look on your face! At least it will be a humorous memory!

Anonymous said...

I saw Nate post last night on Facebook, and just knew you would have a funny post about it!!!! Hope today is a bit less eventful!!

Leslie said...

I remember doing this as a child and then blaming my sister for it when the 911 dispatcher called back to verify an emergency call. I don't quite understand the fun in calling 911 just because. But I can't talk much because I did it myself. I think they do it to keep us on our toes.

Kristin said...

I've been waiting for your post on this! I do agree that it is much too easy to call 911 from a Blackberry, we had the same problem with Austin (although no cops came pounding on our door).

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails