Thursday, October 27, 2011

Whirlwind

This week is keeping me on my toes!  We've been busy...




Last Saturday, with babies buckled in, we made the familiar drive North to Temple...




Nate had his fifteen year high school reunion.  The girls were sad to see us go and wouldn't allow a photo to be taken without the two of them in it (funny how that works...want a picture can't get it...want them out of the picture, not gonna happen!)...




Not to worry spending time with Roxi is nothing to be sad about.  While we were away they were busy making caramel apples.  And these weren't your everyday caramel apples.  In fact my mother laughs in the face of store bought caramel.  These puppies are made from scratch with love...



Who needs Popsicle sticks?  Not my mom!  Her caramel apples prefer to be dressed with charming branches that are still sporting there leaves (she is Martha Stewart's long lost sister)...


We've been crafting around our house too this week.  Carter needed a literary pumpkin for school (sounds important right)?  She took on the painting process in her skivvies because she's a bit of a neat freak like her mom...


Wait...did that make it sound like I paint in my underwear??  Let's clear that up, I do not.  Her pumpkins were transformed into Lily and Julius from one of her favorite books Julius The Baby of the World...


You would think funny face glasses would be easy to find this time of year right?  Wrong.  We searched everywhere and wound up having to go in one of those creepy Halloween stores with zombie babies and skeletons hanging everywhere.   Carter (who tends to have aversions to things like creepy zombie babies) closed her eyes and buried her head in my rear as she held onto my waste and followed me through the store.  Special.  But alas the pumpkins looked fabulous so our efforts were rewarded...


Oh, and did I mention that we managed to squeeze in a trip to see Miss Swift??


We totally did.  That deserves its own post though because it was ah-MA-zing!  Too-da-loo off to the bike rodeo...wish me luck!

2 comments:

lyndsay said...

Hey! I just can't leave this post without making a comment... Y 'all have to be the most good lookin' family I know! Beth I love your hair, it looks awesome! The Kendra Scott jewels top it off wonderfully! You are one HOT Mamma! Can't wait to see y'all in less than a week! Ahhhhh!!

Roxanne said...

Wow! I loved seeing all the cute pics from your busy week. I'm crazy about the one of the girls peeking through the gate (Emme's little boots made me smile) Beth,the pumpkins were just adorable...really precious. Congrats to Carter! Oh, and tell her Vanessa and Lyssa liked her art on my refrigerator.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails