So last night we celebrated with Cool and the Gang...
Nate's last "skating rink" party ended with him slicing his finger open with a pocket knife about 28 years ago. Last night we were out to redeem the rink...
And redeem it we did. In the form of the Limbo...
And some relay races around the rink...
There were a few epic wipeouts but I'm pretty sure we erased the unpleasant memories of his last time at the rink...
We followed things up with some pizza and beer. I'm pretty sure that wasn't on the menu 28 years ago. At least the beer part...
I'm sometimes at a loss as to how to celebrate this person who means so much to me. Guys are tough. What do you do to show them how special they really are? I hope that somehow in all the little things he manages to get the message.
Today Carter and I drove down and took him to lunch. She's been sick the past few days and we finally got a "strep throat" diagnosis after a trip to the doctor yesterday...
She got to hang out with us today while we are waiting on the "contagiousness" to wear off...
I'm pretty sure she's feeling better...
Good thing cause' I needed a little help. We've blown up balloons...
Picked up our cake...
And come up with 34 of our favorite things about Nate the Great...
Now we're just waiting on the birthday boy to get home so we can par-tay! We're trying to be patient but that cake is awfully tempting when you're one and half...or five...or heck who am I kidding I'm dying for a piece! I'll leave you with our 34 reasons to know and love Nate (he's a keeper)...
1. You're the nicest person I know (really).
2. BEST DAD EVER
3. The way you say, "That's what she said."
4. He makes the best cinnamon rolls. ~Carter
5. Your laugh...it's awesome.
6. The way you like to surprise me.
7. How you're not afraid of spending money.
8. The way you let me sleep in.
9. The way you smell.
10. You're thoughtful (as in bringing home my favorite cookie from business trips to DC).
11. You give the girls baths.
12. Your calves. They are amazing and I'm jealous.
13. The way you hold my hand.
14. You're love of dessert.
15. You're motivated and driven.
16. The way you call me babe.
17. You send me flowers "just because".
18. The way Emme always wants "daddy".
19 You're a great dresser.
20. The way you love football.
21. You make me feel like a million bucks.
22. You stop at garage sales.
23. You smile more than you frown.
24. You make our girls feel special.
25. You're passionate.
26. You like to run.
27. You love watching movies.
28. You recognize a "good deal".
29. You love a deep conversation.
30. The way you are trying to learn to like coffee.
31. How much you love me.
32. How much you love our girls.
33. How lucky we are to have you.
34. You make 34 look GOOD!













3 comments:
What a great post! Somehow I missed that y'all went roller skating last night. How crazy is that?
And Nathanial? How can you possibly be 34 years old? Your aging very well.
I couldn't love your family more.
Happy Bday to a pretty special person!! Hope you all had a blast!!
Happy birthday Nate!
Post a Comment