Friday, October 21, 2011

Makin' Whoopie

No offense but I've decided Pinterest can be nothing but a waste of time if you're all pin and no make.  I'm half joking but my new goal is to make something "Pinteresting" at least a couple of times a month.  Meaning I will actually use one of the many ideas that I've pinned!


First up Pumpkin Whoopie Pies.  Deceiving I know...you thought maybe this post was about something else?  Well trust me these babies are kind of sexy in a gooey you can't help but devour them  pumpkin kind of way.  I found them yesterday on Pinterest which led me to the recipe HERE.  I followed her instructions exactly (although I did use Sugar instead of Splenda because it is what I had on hand).  The results...DELISH!



These would be great for a fall party.  I think you could even make "mini-whoopie pies" because these bad boys are rich...


Speaking of deliciousness Saturday night we all enjoyed celebrating Nate's birthday with my Mama's homemade Carrot Cake (Emerson singing "Happy Birthday"=Sweetest Thing EVER)...



Unfortunately we would be re-visiting the Carrot Cake in the wee hours of the morning via Emme's very first stomach bug.  Can you say Ewwwwwww??  

Between celebrating and attack of the killer invaders I managed to have just enough time to squeeze in a pumpkin painting session of my own (clearly someone should write a book about me...maybe title it I don't know how she does it? Joking.)

I love pumpkin all year but it is definitely the most fun when October and November roll around.  After Carter's pumpkin painting success Saturday I was feeling inspired to try my own. 

Something about being at my mom's house makes you want to get a little crafty.  I'm in love with Chevron (who isn't) and decided if my white pumpkin could be anything for Halloween he'd go as Missoni...


The stripes were by no means perfect as I just went for it and free handed them.  But it had a nice effect and got the point across.  I just used a small sponge brush and made each section of chevron the width of the brush.  After one row was complete I used it as a guide to create the rest.  I also did a little baby pumpkin to compliment it's stylish Mama...


Again definitely not perfect but close enough for my decorative purposes.  This one was simple.  Just a strip of masking tape around the middle and then two different paint choices on each half.  They make me smile every time I walk through the front door and see them on top of my buffet...


The fact that they are a little higher than eye level means maybe no one will notice all the little imperfections...


I like to think it gives them character.  Perfect is overrated if you ask me...



Here's to pumpkins, and whoopie, and paint, and occasionally doing something "Pinteresting".  Happy Friday!

2 comments:

Sole Ravendo said...

You have inspired me to bake something today (from one of my pins) as I have Tomas at home today...chocolate cupcakes. And I totally agree with you...if you pin you must recreate otherwise it's a waste of time...THANK YOU! Hope you are all doing great!

Sole Ravendo

Roxanne said...

oooo! I'm feeling rather fallish and festive due to your pumpkin post! So cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails