So..........................................................................................................................
Today was my favorite day.
I spent the afternoon on a very important date with a very important little person...

I had been promising her for a couple of weeks that we would go see this (and I must say it was absolutely adorable)...

Is there anything more perfect than one very excited almost five year old on an outing to the movies?? I think not.
We smiled, we laughed, we enjoyed every ounce of it being "just the two of us". She picked not one but TWO candies from the concession (because I was feeling indulgent and sentimental) and we got situated just as the previews began.
I must admit they are usually my favorite part of the movie experience, but today I just couldn't take my eyes off of her. I kept thinking, when did it happen?? How did I miss it?? She has so seamlessly slipped into girlhood and in the blink of an eye she is no longer my baby. I kept asking her if she could see okay...secretly wishing she would say "no" and want to sit on my lap. She would sweetly say, "I'm fine mom, really." I was happy that she was at least content to hold my hand and tickled pink when she did make her way onto my lap a little later on. I know her never ending legs won't fit much longer....ahhhh..... the growing pains of motherhood.
So today I soaked her up. Every laugh, every giggle, every shared twizzler and skittle. She is truly one of my favorite people in the whole world. And...

5 comments:
Thanks for this great post! I happened to read it on my phone while I was nursing my baby this morning and feeling kind of grouchy over the lack of sleep I've been having (she's 6 weeks old). This post completely changed my attitude and reminded me to cherish it all because it will fly by so quickly. Thank you!! Oh and I also happen to love all things homey and decorating related so I can't wait to see the rest of your house! :)
Bethie- I loved this post. I teared up a little there at the end. My little guy is knocking on three's door and I can already see him growing up and becoming less of a baby. It happens so very fast and it is easy to miss it. What a good reminder to soak it all up and let each moment really count. I'm glad you got some alone time together and your photo session pics were priceless.
So stinkin' cute!
We just saw Beezus and Ramona last night. Great movie and my girls adored it!. So glad that you got to spend some time with your little one today!
ok beth, so now i'm crying! just dropped in on your blog while i'm waiting for joel to get back from letting the dogs out :) and bam...tears! sweet sweet mama you are and what an awesome pair you two are. Emme, you've got lots to look forward to with those ladies.
Post a Comment