Tuesday, August 17, 2010

He Said, She Said

Eight years ago today He Said...



Bethany, I believe in miracles because of you. For the last thirteen months I've lived in a remnant of heaven, experiencing a love that is beyond belief. You light up my life like it's never been lit before. Your beauty is intoxicating, your love for God so motivating, your creativity fascinates me. Your compassion and understanding are captivating. Your loyalty soothes my soul. I wonder what I've done to gain the favor of God that I get to spend the rest of my life with you. I consider myself the most blessed man to have ever lived. You're beyond my wildest dreams. There's never been anyone in my life, nor will there ever be, that compares to you. You're life's greatest treasure and what we have is immeasurably more than I could ever ask or imagine. So today Beth, I take you to be my wife. I pledge to be true to you, to be faithful to you, to respect you, to be your biggest fan. To be your listener, your provider, your confidant, your lover, your warrior, your companion, your very best friend. Only God knows what our future holds...I'm sure there will be days when we can't imagine life getting any better and days we can't imagine life getting any worse. I'm just excited that no matter where the roads of life take us that you'll be there to laugh with, to cry with, to jump in the lake with all of our clothes on, to almost get run over as we run across the damn training for a marathon, to go to the capitol and dream about me being President, to go to Wendy's at 1:00 in the morning, to take pictures with, to watch football with, to sit on the dock with. But the most important thing is that you're with me and I will always be with you. No matter what the future holds, from this day forward until the end of my life, I will love you with all that I am.

And She said...



Nathan, the moment I first saw you my heart skipped a beat and I don't think it's been quite the same since. You have continued to amaze me with your joyful smile, your outgoing personality, and your sensitivity and thoughtfulness to my every need. I've been swept off my feet by your romantic charm and challenged by your athleticism and intelligence. I find peace in your arms and comfort in your deep sense of commitment and love or our Lord. You are truly my best friend and you make life more wonderfully full than I ever thought it could be. I look forward to daily adventures and slumber parties every night. I know that as our love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things and endures all things...it will ultimately never fail. I could find no great joy than spending the rest of my life making you happy. I pray that the Lord will be our stronghold in good times and in bad, but this I know for sure...no matter what happens tomorrow my heart belongs to you.

And they've been trying their very best to live happily ever after ever since...


Happy Anniversary Babe...I love you.

6 comments:

Sole Ravendo said...

Happy Anniversary! Beautiful words and what a beautiful family you have! May God bless you and guide you always!

Rebecca said...

Happy Anniversary Beth! My dad and I got back from Russia the same day as your wedding, so my mom went without us. I can still remember her telling us (ok mostly me) all the beautiful details of the candles, the cute cans with sheet music (I think?) the flowers, everything. It was like listening to a fairy tale.

Thank you for sharing the thoughts and photos of your life, so we readers can read along a fairy tale that truly glows. Just like your wedding day.

Tricia said...

Happy anniversary you two!

Roxanne said...

Well, you won't be surprised to know I'm blubbering all over the place! Reading these words today means more than they did eight years ago! I love watching you and Nate live out you lives. As always, thanks for sharing. I love you always,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your very special words and beautiful pictures with us.

Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

AWWWW! Happy Anniversary! I'm glad I was there to witness this first hand! You two are great for each other....and make beautiful babies! :) Hope it was a great one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails