So, here it comes, are you ready for the nerdy part?? Sometimes I like to pretend I need to get my house "magazine ready". What the heck is magazine ready you might ask?? Well, it means that Martha Stewart Living will be here in about 30 minutes and they are going to be photographing each room for a special feature they are doing. I told you I am nerdy.
What can I say I find it fun, it motivates me to clean up, and today I took it one step further. I decided to go ahead and photograph the end result in my kitchen and share it with you! If you don't make fun of me I think I might just do it for each room in our new house over the span of the next week or so...if you do make fun of me I'll probably do it anyway, so feel free!!
Our new home may be a little bit of a downsize from the original one we chose in the suburbs, but what it lacks in square footage it makes up for in charm. I think my favorite room of the moment is the kitchen because it really does feel like the heart of our home. It is where little people eat, yummy smells are found and people just seem to naturally gather. So come on in, welcome to our kitchen...
One of the challenges of renting a home (yes we still just haven't seen the benefits for us to buy one) are inheriting the paint choices, decor choices, etc. of the previous owner. But, for the first time in a long time, our new house is right up my alley. I've never been afraid of color and love the cheerful coral hue in the kitchen. It makes me happy. I played off of my apple green Kitchen Aid and added accents of the same hue everywhere...
It makes me smile every time I walk through the door...
And while it is a little smaller everything has found a spot. A Cookbook spot...
A Binky spot...
A dish washin' spot...
Spots that remind me of where we've been...
and where we are...
A spot just for Carter to eat and enjoy...
I found this great little vintage Cosco stool for her at a junk store...
it got a fabric face lift from my mom and looks great...
We also did some matching curtains in the same fabric...
And I'm loving the fact that even Emme's highchair looks right at home (this Dwell for Target cutie is now highly discounted at Big Lot's if you have one accessible)...
Homemade goodies (thanks mom)...
and delicious local peaches (thanks Nonna)...
have quickly filled our kitchen with deliciousness. But my favorite thing hands down about all the "spots" in my new kitchen are the little people that fill them. Carter helped me break things in the other day when we made some brownies...
And cracked me up when she thought it was chilly and had lunch in her jacket and hat...
And I adore my sweet little Emme who has yet to meet a food she doesn't like...
and I think Martha Stewart would agree...my kitchen is a happy place indeed!
12 comments:
Looks just like a kitchen right out of a magazine! I love it!
It is just TOO CUTE! I love it. What a cute post, now I am feeling anxious about how magazine "un-ready" my house is! lol~
Love it! I don't think you're nerdy at all...my husband and I like to make our house "hotel" ready, especially when we have guests! We make the beds like they do in hotels! Lol! :)
I love it! I have found that decorating my not so perfect older house has been so much more fun than my new house. Like you, it is not as big, but it has so much more character. I hope you enjoy getting every room picture ready. I tried that today and ended up just getting the corner I was taking a picture of ready :).
This is the bost I've been waiting to see! It's adorable, colorful and down right cheerful. What more could a mom ask for? Except a happy little family to fill it up!
You make every house look like a magazine....but this one may be my favorite! Can't wait to see what's next!
Lot's of love,
Mom
You never cease to amaze me with your little decorative ideas that end up looking beautiful! I love it!
LOVE IT!
What a happy kitchen! I just love all the bright colors! The cute girls in it sure do add something too :)
Thanks for sharing such useful information. I like your blog very much. All the design you share are amazing.
With Regards
sliding wardrobe doors
LOVE IT! You should definitely keep the pics coming of the other rooms in the house! You never know when Martha might knock on your door, right? Looks fabulous, Beth!
Beth--I am interested in having you revamp my blog. Up to this point I have just done free backgrounds, etc., but I want to graduate into the world of big girl blogs and get a for real set-up...would you have time to do this in the next couple of months?
Love it!! I want to highly encourage your "nerdiness" and beg you to do this to the rest of your place. Makes me feel like I actually get to come and visit y'all. :)
Post a Comment