
I was induced Tuesday morning about 7:00 am. I'm going to go ahead and stick with my original theory that pitocin is from hell. I had tried to convince myself maybe I would feel differently the second time around...I didn't. They broke my water about 10:00 and that's when things got a little hairy. Let's just say that for about an hour in there I probably looked a lot like a lady on the verge of losing it. I am pretty sure not much was coming out of my mouth other than, "I can't do this..." and "Somebody please help me..." The thing about pitocin is (for those who haven't had the pleasure of experiencing it first hand) you get no relief. You go through one majorly intense contraction only to move right into the next one. Thankfully in those last moments where I was pretty sure I wasn't going to survive without passing out my savior, aka the anesthesiologist, arrived. I was supposed to receive an epidural, but long story short wound up with a spinal block instead. No sooner had I received some much needed pain management, and Nate and my sister had headed out to get some Taco Cabana, then I started feeling some major pressure "down there". Being that they had checked me about an hour ago and I was only 5 cm. I was sure it was nothing...but, then I started feeling like I might need to push. Another check "down under" revealed I had jumped to 9.5 and would be having this baby SOON! Nate came running up from the parking lot just in the nick of time. There is nothing like welcoming a new life into the world...especially one that weighs approximately 9 lbs. (as a side note I've been searching for the perfect loving term for describing our "large for her gestational age" baby and chubby just doesn't have a nice ring so I've decided dumpling it is)!



Service with a smile was delivered along with our sweet baby...

and one very proud dad may have shed just a few tears...

He wasn't the only proud member of our family, we had one very proud big sister too, and for her it was love at first glance...

She's been waiting for this moment for quite a while now...

and it was such a sweet one...

one of my favorite from the day...

because her sweet smile...

and excitement...

showed exactly how we were all feeling about this sweet new addition to our family (who just happened to find her thumb shortly after birth)...

First bath...

First night at the hospital with mom and dad...

second time my heart has felt this in love with a little person...

The next day brought more time with a very happy big sister...

Speaking of big sister, Monday Carter would like to share this photo that she took of Emme...

These two are already sweeter than sugar together...


and somehow we feel more like a family than ever...

funny how someone so small can make you feel things so big...

By the next day there was just one thing that would make us smile...

we were FINALLY getting to go home...

and someone was looking quite adorable in their car seat...

almost as adorable as her big sister who had set up camp at the front door with a few books while she waited for us to arrive...

and with a little help from her Nonna and Roxi had made our house a very sweet place to come home to...

and one thing is for sure, there's no place like home...

it's the perfect place for snugglin' (which Aunt Kimmi is getting really good at)...

sleeping (which Emme is very good at)...

and spending time with the two most adorable girls on the planet (okay, so I'm just a little biased)...
This is one great life!
29 comments:
Thank you for sharing! Congrats you have a beaiutiful family!
http://couponmommyof2.blogspot.com/
oh my goodness!! she is so so so so cute!! i like dumpling! that sounds nicer than chubby. :-) also agree with you about the pitocin. gives me shivers just thinking about it.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
Well Beth, she is a bundle. I can't believe how big she is. But sooo cute. I want to hold her and squeeze her. And Carter's love for her is so obvious in your pictures. I could not be happier for your family. What a sweet time this must be for yall. Hope you are enjoying it. Love you!
This was an amazing post Beth! I'm so glad things are going well! Congratulations!
Being that these feelings are all too recent for me....thanks for sharing! Can't wait for Grant to meet his girlfriend!
You put it all so well! There really are no words for the experience of bringing new life into the world. It looks like Emme was delivered with a smile and is paying it forward. What a happy little dumpling she is. And a cute one, too! Congrats, again!
Yall look amazing as a family of 4!!!! Congrats
LOVE the new pictures. I need to get down there asap to kiss her sweet cheeks. i love me some baby cheeks! (especially Saxton ones!) Can't wait to give you hugs!!!!!
Oh Yeah! The wait is over! Though I was there in person, I've been looking forward to this post. Great job, Beth. You tell a story well. Great pics. I can hardly wait to come back. Save some hugs for me! Your me new hero. I love you so much. Mom
One more thing! The 1st photo is totally amazing. Wow! What a great eye!
Beth!
She is BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations on the newest addition to your "company" and by the way.. did you seriously just give birth in those pictures? You look incredible!!!
Many Blessings and good sleep!
Kristin O.
what a wonderful story! and again a beautiful baby- congrats to you all- it is so neat to watch the sibling bond grow between your kids, and it looks like carter and emme are fast on their way to becoming great friends!
I certainly think it every time I read your blog, but what BEAUTIFUL little girls you have! Also coming from a family of sisters, I'm so excited for Carter and Emme and their years of sisterhood to come!
Beth- so happy for you! She is a doll and I bet you are so happy to be home with your girls. Take care ans soak it all in....Lanessa
Congratulations again. Great pictures! Great post!
I love all your pics! You're so amazing at them. :) Emerson is adorable and it brought tears to my eyes seeing Carter with her. She already looks like a wonderful big sister! Congratulations :)
What a beautiful wonderful day!!! She is sooo precious, and Carter's little smile looking at her is just adorable. You captured the moment perfectly with your pictures and words- makes me remember so clearly the day my little guy was born. AND you are inspiring me to update my blog again- we are expecting again too, due in June and I really need to document it!!
Congratulations again, so happy for you guys!!! :)
Congratulations! She is beautiful! I hear ya on the poticin I didnt really care of it either. Carter is adorable with her new baby sister. I think it really helped me to have Madison around sometimes because she could get stuff for me if I needed it for her brother. Soak up every minute with her because before you know it they will be 10 months old and you will wonder where all of the time went. Thank you for sharing your experience with us in pictures and words. You have a true talent!
I would have to agree with you, there is nothing in this world like the love we have for our children. Emme is so precious, I am sure that Carter is tickled to have a baby sister. I don't know you personally but I have been reading your blog. I feel like I know you. May God bless your sweet family.
Beautifully put mommy of 2!! Congratulations! Your dumpling is precious, and we love her name! Take care!!
Beth, she is just beautiful! Congrats on your precious girls! And I couldn't agree with you more about pitocin... it is KILLER! Glad that your pain relief worked! Hope you are all getting some rest here and there and are able to soak up every sweet moment!
What a sweetheart! Glad you are home and hope you are feeling good!
I am so glad everything went well. Your story is alot like mine. Daniel had to run back to the hospital from a resturant after I told him it would be a while well she was ready then and was not waiting.
Beth, there are no words! Thank you for sharing your remarkable story and for introducing Emme in such a great way. Can't wait to meet her and to see Carter with her new baby sister. Love you bunches. xoxo
Congrats! I love your beautiful pictures! Carter looks so excited about sweet Emme! Congrats!
Priceless moments and priceless pictures. Thanks for sharing. Congratulations again, she is truly a bundle of joy!!!
Excellent post, wonderful pictures, beautiful family! Speaking as a girl who, once upon a time, actually answered to the nickname "Piglet," I would like to commend you on your choice-- Dumpling is adorable (and far less traumatizing)! ;)
Congratulations again on your newest addition. Sending you all the best from snowy Utah.
Beth,
She is scrumptious!! I know you are so proud!! I am so happy for you! You have inspired me... read my blog. I hope you don't mind!
Sarah
Beth, this post brought tears to my eyes. I know it is because I do have a kindred spirit with what you are feeling and because I am so grateful you are getting to experience it too. Now you know!!! I love you so much and can't wait to see Lil' Emme!! Love Les
Post a Comment