Continuing on with the saga of Carter and her latest blow to the mouth (which you may remember from a couple of weeks ago)...

We just took her to the pediatric dentist to have her two front teeth checked out, and she looked a little more like a space cadet than a dental patient...

One tooth had started to change colors, which is really all the indication you need that there is a problem, but I still felt the need to have a "professional" confirm it. Unfortunately it is confirmed, and it looks like we may have a visit from the tooth fairy in our near future. While my post baby hormones may have contributed I definitely shed a few tears and gave myself a guilt trip about the whole thing. A few hours later, and with a healthy dose of perspective under my belt, I realized it will all be fine. She may be missing a front tooth for a while, but let's face it, there are worse things in life. Besides our soon to be toothless wonder seems a lot more excited about the possibility of meeting the tooth fairy than she is concerned with missing a tooth. She teaches me more about life than I care to admit sometimes, and her glass half full approach is one I'm trying to grasp a little better. Thanks Carter, for being four, for being positive, and for loving life...I love you munchkin'.
6 comments:
I had the dentist pull my front tooth when I was little. It died when I was three after my sister slipped while pulling me around the house on a blanket and I went face first into the floor. It's kind of a badge of honor when you're little and it sounds like she's got the right attitude! Although, I, like you, would probably have a little bit of sadness surrounding the whole thing. Maybe she'll get a cute "lithp".
The same thing happened to my niece and now she is 7 and has all her big girl teeth in and no one really remembers that she lost one a tad bit early. At least Carter is not upset....I think it will just make her that much cuter!! I love every pic you post of her...and I just wanted to thank you for putting "This is all that I can say" by DCB on your blog, this is the first place I heard it and it really spoke to my heart. Hope you and your new family of four are adjusting nicely. :)
Oh Beth!! I can't wait for the day that you blog about the tooth fairy's visit to your house... What an exciting day! It is sad that Carter will lose her tooth, but the story of why she lost it will be a favorite of hers to tell when she is older.
The best thing is that Carter has you for a mommy and I know that you will make sure that the tooth fairy gives Carter extra special treatment, like leaving the money tied in a tiny ribbon or a trail of fairy dust (glitter) from the window to her pillow.
well, if it takes a while for the tooth to come in, she could be a redneck for halloween! :) plus the tooth fairy is pretty sweet!
It funny....Hudson had a similar experience recently on our tile floor and chipped his front two teeth pretty bad. I remember being so upset at first thinking how he was going to have a chipped tooth smile for 7 years. But that chipped tooth smile is so sweet and it's become part of his personality. Now I don't even notice it.
I saw this blog post about the "Twirling Tooth Fairy" and thought of Carter... Cute!
http://www.howdoesshe.com/2010/02/the-twirling-tooth-fairy/
Post a Comment