She has loved all of the friends that she has made and I have been so impressed with all of her wonderful teachers. They said she dove right in memorizing songs, participating whole heartedly in all the activities and circle time. I was one very proud momma! Here she is painting tire tracks with her good friend Lydia:
For the last month or so Carter has been fairly obsessed with the female anatomy. She frequently asks women, "Do you have boobs?" As you can imagine this is a little on the embarrassing side. She witnessed one of my friends breastfeeding her baby and I think that's what kicked it off. One night when Nate was getting her ready for bed he called me into her room. I wasn't sure what to think when I walked in to find her pretending to breast feed one of her baby dolls! I'm happy to see that she chose to feed this baby with a bottle!
Here she is hanging out with a group of her friends from class:
I love this sweet little face:
This opportunity has been a great experience on so many levels and today was a big day, being that it was the last one! It was quite rainy as I left the house with little red riding hood in tow:
Here's a little glimpse into what it's like to converse with Carter:
I realize that my daughters hair is probably of very little concern to anyone but me, but, thanks for humoring me. I'm thankful to have her golden locks, funny comments and sweet kisses to help me keep my mind off of missing her daddy. He's always on my mind though, and as much as I miss him I find myself even being thankful for that. I'm thankful that I have someone that I love so much that my heart aches when he is gone. I've always wanted to love and be loved like that. I'm so thankful that God has given me my hearts desire.
12 comments:
Awwwe Bethie! Your blog is my absolute favorite to check in with every day. I'm just sorry I couldn't figure out how to log-in and leave a comment earlier.
Think about you often and just love watching and reading about you and Nate and Carter's adventures. If she could be any sweeter I would just explode.
Think about you often! ; )
miss ya!
Strobe
Strobie! So good to hear from you! Thank you so much for your sweet comment! Speaking of adventures I'm sure you're having some great ones of your own my little world traveler! I hope things are going great for you...I'll be in Abilene this summer, if you're up that way we should hang out! Love ya'!
Hello Beth! I'm not even sure how I came across your blog... I'm a blog addict and was just clicking thru blogs and poof! here I was. It's so nice to have caught up a bit with you this way! Carter is such a cutie! Aren't little girls just too much fun?!
Please know that I'm praying for you and Carter and Nate as you spend this time apart. My husband, Kyle, travels overseas for work quite a bit. And, while it's by no means the same, I understand your feelings. And you express them so beautifully! Thanks for your transparency... I've been enriched by it.
Carter is so adorable. I can't wait to spend time with her in CO.(and you) She probably won't remember me from before but It is amazing to see her change so much compared to when I saw her last. I love her bedroom and the flowers above her bed , I want those for my room. See y'all soon.
Hey Beth!! I found your blog on the UMHB alum site. I was so excited to catch up on what you and Nate are doing!! And by the way Carter is BEAUTIFUL!!! I added you to my blog list so I could keep up. Glad that yall are doing well and please know that your in our prayers as Nate is away!!!
Jennifer Barnett (Pickett) :)
Sorry that I contributed to Carter's obsession with the female anatomy! I'm so sad for ya'll that Nate had to leave. We miss ya'll and hope to see you soon!
Shanna
Hey Girly-girls, ya'll are going to be great and Nate will be home before you know it. Hopefully we will see you when your down here.
Love to you both, Auntie Lynnettie
just wanted you to know that i said a prayer for you today. i try to make it a habit to pray for my friends whose husbands are deployed when i'm stopped by retreat or taps on base...and you and carter were on my heart.
i prayed that you would not feel defeated by the lonely days that lie ahead, but that God would continue to give you that "perspective" :-)
Shanna--Please don't feel bad :) it is one of the funniest stories we get to tell everyone! I love it! We can't wait to hopefully see you when we're in TX!! We miss you!
Dacia--Thank you so much for your sweet prayer...that means a lot and I have been feeling very prayed for because I have a peace in my heart! I'm going to add you to my prayers as well...we're just all one big happy military family after all!
Beth - and this too shall pass!! He will be back sooner than you think - actually he will probably be back right around the time that it actually gets warm!! We will miss you when you leave next week!
Dear Carter. I love you so much and you are the most beautiful granddaughter in THE WHOLE WORLD!!!...and such a big girl going to school with your backpack. Give your mommy a big hug from Nonna and tell her that I'm praying for you, your mommy and your daddy. Love you....Nonna
Dear Beth: Your blog is always great. Thank you for sharing your and Carter's days. I hope we get to see you and Carter when you are in Texas. Love you.
Post a Comment