Friday, June 6, 2008

Sweet Little Heart

I've been feeling really good the last couple of day's. I feel very provided for in the department of peace and love from God. We had a great day today. The main thing on our agenda was a birthday party for one of Carter's friends Connor, it was so much fun and I'll look forward to posting about it. We got home tonight and she was pretty worn out. We did the normal thing...bath, brush teeth, book and bedtime. I could tell she was tired but she just wouldn't seem to let herself fall asleep as I sang to her. Her eye's were heavy and even rolling at times but it just wasn't happening. I kissed her goodnight and left the room only to have her quickly begin to cry and call out for me to come back. This is always slightly frustrating to me, especially when she has been pretty good lately about going to bed easily. This continued for awhile until I finally told her if she got up again I was going to have to spank her. A few minutes later I could hear her creeping down the hall. I was walking her back to her room and explaining that I was so sorry I would now have to give her a spanking when she started asking for her daddy. My initial thought was, sure you want your daddy I'm about to spank you! She continued asking for him and when I knelt down in front of her, to make sure she understood why she was about to get spanked, I looked at her face and my heart melted. She had huge tears rolling down her face and just looked at me in the most heartbreaking way and said I just want my daddy. I knew right then she really meant it. I wrapped her in my arms and she just started bawling. Asking for her daddy in between her little sobs. I wish they had a manual for how you're supposed to explain to your two year old's sweet little heart why her daddy can't be here. I just told her it was okay to miss her daddy, that I miss him too. That he had to be at work now but there's no place he would rather be than home with her. That he adores and loves her and can't wait to be here again. She snuggled in and I rocked her like a baby. I laid her down and held her little face in my hands and told her one more time how much me, her daddy and Jesus all adored her. That it was okay to rest her eyes, and then I sang her Jesus Loves Me until she fell asleep. I keep thinking about what I'm supposed to do and unfortunately there are no obvious answers...I'll do my best to end with a praise though. I'm thankful that her daddy holds such a place in her heart, I'm thankful that he is so involved in every little thing that she does that she truly misses him when he is gone. I'm thankful she has such a wonderful daddy to love, and I'm thankful we have such a wonderful Heavenly Father to love us while he is away.

2 comments:

JANELLE said...

The nights are always the hardest while they are away! Keep being strong Beth - you are an amazing mom and wife to your fam!!!

Cayce and Joel Harris said...

you guys are such a precious family. sweet sweet hearts! what a heart breaking but precious evening for you two.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails