Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Land of the Cool People

Colorado is like the land of the cool people. It seems like everyone walking around just threw on the first thing they found that morning when they hopped out of bed, and somehow they still manage to look like they stepped off the pages of REI. It is really fun being here. It's nice to be around my sister, her husband, and friends. The rest of my family just arrived a few day's ago and we're having another great week! I've decided the thing I battle most when Nate is away is loneliness. I really just enjoy having company. Carter did great on our trip here. It was a really long day but we managed to make it fun! She had practiced the day before and assured me she could handle rolling her own suitcase through the airport. She did a great job







Carter always does really well on airplanes, I'm super thankful for this. When we arrived in Denver Kim and John were waiting to greet us with a pink balloon for Carter. She loved it! We also loved the view from my sisters house. Carter enjoyed having a little picnic with Aunt Kim the first morning we were there...it was really beautiful!
Later that morning we made a trip to the Library and just happened to be there at the same time as Skeeter the clown. I think we were all a little leery but it turned out to be fun:
She has been super enamored with all the animals that are around. While we were shopping one afternoon she became fairly obsessed with this super cute black puppy. She didn't want it out of her site, but wasn't too sure about petting it. She insisted on getting a picture of it!
She also enjoyed hanging out on the bank of the river and watching the Kayak's:
Now I think she wants to BE a Kayaker:
Later that night we had a little slumber party with a couple of Kim's closest friends. Carter enjoyed spending time with Katie and Eve, who she loves! She also enjoyed doing a little Yoga with Eve:

As usual she enjoyed playing photographer, here are a couple of her photos of Kim, John, and I:




We were excited about the chance to "camp out" in my sister's living room! Here is Carter chilling in our tent before bed:

Saturday we all made the trip back to Denver to pick up Uncle Clint. Carter is really starting to remember everybody and was excited to see him! She went right to him! The next day they enjoyed a jump on the trampoline...Carter loves all the attention from her Aunt and Uncle!



Our week so far has been another eventful one! I enjoyed rafting a couple of day's ago, it was a blast and also completely terrifying! The pictures are worth a good laugh, especially of me, I look like I think I'm about to meet my Maker! I'll post about the rest of our trip when we get to Texas early next week!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails