Saturday, June 14, 2008

D is for D-A-D-D-I-O


HAPPY FATHER'S DAY DADDY!


No I'm not crazy! I know that Father's Day isn't until tomorrow...but technically where Nate is it is already tomorrow so, HAPPY FATHER'S DAY! We only wish we could hug your neck and let you see in our smiles how amazing we think you are! I've been thinking a lot today about what exactly it is that makes Nate such a great dad. I think that there will be different things during different stages of our life that stand out, but the word right now that I can't get off my brain is INVOLVED. He is involved in all that our family is in every sense of the word. He is a family man through and through. Of course when I thought of what made good husband material these were things I had in mind, but I think way back then I had no idea of how important they really were. You see for Nate there is no question...his family comes first. This, I'm learning, is not always the case. I'm so incredibly grateful that he chooses to roll up his sleeves and be a part of everything that goes on with "us". He is never too busy, too tired, or too overtaken with work. He puts the well being of our daughter and our family at the top of his list...we are blessed beyond belief to be his. So, although we aren't together on this day, we are (as we do everyday) thinking about you. Carter just told me from her car seat (completely unsolicited I might add) that she misses Daddy. I miss him too. He has doted on our baby from the moment she entered this world, and before actually. He loves giving her baths, taking her to the park and chasing her in circles around our house. He may not know it but I love watching him do all these things. I fall a little more in love with him every time he looks at her with adoring eyes. We can't wait to be together again, but until then...here's a little photo tribute to the dad Nate is:

A super proud dad, even before Carter arrived (don't mind my really dark hair!):

The first of many kisses for our sweet little girl:

Always one to pitch in and help...Nate and Carter enjoying video games at an early age:

Carter has always loved giggling at her daddy!These two make a good pair when it comes to housework:Carter hanging with Nate after her baby dedication:
A little kitty catchin' her favorite ride: There's never been any denying, these two go together!There's always a good reason to steal a kiss, this one was a sunny day at Dugualla Bay:
Carter and her daddy searchin for the "perfect" Christmas tree:One of my favorites, my two favorites hanging out in the tulip field:Nate, the past two and a half years have been amazing. You are, and I mean this, one of the most amazing dad's I have ever had the privilege of being around. Your devotion to Carter and I is not something I take for granted, I know it is a gift from God. I hope your day is special...we love you with all our hearts! XOXO YOUR GIRLS!

P.S. Of course I can't miss out on the opportunity to wish my own Dad a happy day...I get to see you and I'm so happy I can do it in person! You're the one who instilled in me the values that make me the person that I am today. You taught me that nothing is so hard I can't tackle it. You are the man I've looked up to my entire life. I love you! I guess it was not so long ago that I was just about Carter's size. Thanks for molding me into the person that I am today...I am forever grateful.

My dad and I not so long ago...

2 comments:

Donna said...

HAPPY DAD'S DAY! I am so proud of the father you have become!

Love and miss you.....mom

Sam said...

OH MY GOODNESS! That last picture of you looks exactly like Carter! Too Cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails