Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Piece of Cake

We have just returned from a little weekend get-a-way to Seattle. Nate is leaving in two weeks and we are trying to make the most of the time we have together. We left Saturday and headed for Sesame Street Live! Carter was really excited about meeting all the characters (we were slightly nervous she might freak out). Here is our happy camper on the way to the show:

She was all smiles as we hung out while dad purchased the popcorn, candy, and coke Carter politely requested the second we entered the event center:

Nate had done a great job picking out our seats and we were front and center in the third row! I think we were all super entertained once the show started. They had re-done a few popular songs so I think that helped keep the adults interested...see if you recognize this one:



Carter and Nate posed for me during intermission:


And we all loved the grand finale!



We were also pretty proud of the fact that the only souvenir we purchased was an Elmo balloon! Here is Carter, Nate and our new friend Elmo leaving the show:
As a side note it was the warmest day I have ever experienced in Washington...I was loving it! We took our sunny selves and headed to our hotel. We spent a couple of nights at the Embassy Suites which I would highly recommend for traveling with kids! Two rooms for the price of one and free breakfast can't be beat! We ventured out for dinner and enjoyed stuffing ourselves at the Macaroni Grill:

I was hoping that shopping would be on the itinerary for Sunday but Nate had a better idea (ok it took some convincing on my part, but it really was a better idea)! We went downtown and took Carter to the Seattle children's museum. She had a really great time. She was able to do a lot of her favorite things, like reading:
Painting: This is how the professionals do it (two handed painting takes talent people):
Carter and I took a peek from a whale spout:
She and Nate enjoyed exploring the wombat cave:
They were partners in crime fighting fires:
And Nate enjoyed the drums (maybe a little too much):



Here is our little budding computer genius:

I think her favorite activity of the day was the area they had set up like a supermarket. She would have been the cashier all day if we had let her...turn up your volume for a laugh:


After the museum we headed out to the "Fun Forest". We have officially upgraded from the carousel (although she enjoyed that too). Carter is now a kiddie riding fool. Here was the first ride of the day:




She and Nate enjoyed a little Father/Daughter time on the carousel:

The next ride just about gave me a heart attack:


And I surprised myself by agreeing to some family fun on the Ferris wheel:




Nate and Carter spent that afternoon in the pool and I got to do a little shopping after all! The big find of the weekend for me was a new purse and wallet. It was actually my Mother's Day gift. Nate knew I had been wanting a change and "gifted" me with picking something out! I found this grass green purse (made in Italy) and Lucky brand wallet at TJ MAXX. Can we just have a moment of silence for how amazing that place is...I love it! So, not to be tacky or anything, but these two items would have retailed for around $400, I paid a fraction of that at $100 for both. I just get so excited about saving money! Now I know bright green purses aren't for everyone, but I just love color (and I convinced myself that bright green is a neutral color, after all grass is everywhere and it seems to go with everything!):
We then met our friends Jordan and Jaime for another delicious dining experience at P.F. Chang's YUM! Carter had been fresh from the pool right before we left so I had the opportunity for my first try at a french braid. I was pretty proud of the outcome and she looked really pretty, it was wet when we left, but had dried nice and neat by the time we arrived at dinner:
The next morning we packed up and headed out (Carter enjoyed riding the luggage cart):

We made our way down to Ikea for a few hours, surprisingly I did very little damage! Our last stop of the day was the airport. Nate was headed out for a conference in CA. It's only for a few days but I was still a little irritated at Uncle Sam. I just wasn't too happy with the fact that he is leaving next week and we didn't get to spend some of the time I was counting on with him. I was reassured by the fact that there is no rule in life that guarantees things will be a piece of cake. As Carter and I drove out of the city and headed to our remote little corner of Washington I couldn't help but think about how cool Seattle is. I'm so glad we've gotten to spend time here.

3 comments:

The Army of Allmans said...

I loved all the pictures and videos- sounds like you all had an awesome time! Love the purse too...and believe me I am not a fan of uncle Sam this week too-- just found out Jason will be gone another 3 weeks next month. Oh well...have a great rest of the week!

Roxanne said...

What a delicous way to wake up this morning! With a great cup of hot coffee and many pictures and videos of you y'all. I savored each one and was thoroughly entertained! It touches me to see you and Nate and Carter together, being a close little family....and doing a wonderful job at it I might add!
Enjoy each day! Live it to the fullest. Treasure the love God has lavished upon you. Take nothing for granted. Talk to God. Listen.

Know you are loved, always.

Case and Los said...

BETH!!! I found you from S and F's blog and will add you to ours!! So I just bought grass green capris, we should hang out:) Maybe Nate told you, but we're moving to TX! We leave this fall, so let's hang out some time! We're ALWAYS in Seattle (love it) if you ever want to experience more fun shopping/neighborhoods! Too bad we missed you and Vosses this weekend:) We were down there playing all weekend too- would've been fun to have you come to church with us or something. So let me know when you're in Burlington or want to head south next!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails