We never had a chance to meet my dad's dad, he died when my dad was in college. But, I always loved this photo of he and my Mimi together, they looked like they were having so much fun:
When my sister and I were little she would let us play in all of her old petticoats that she had worn out from square dancing. She was the most beautiful (and stylish) square dancer I've ever seen:
She made a point to create a little tradition of taking us to the zoo every time we would visit. I loved that. We would always ride the train. She was a wonderful grandmother.
And, as I've grown into an adult she's just as wonderful! She and my Papa are some of the most generous and thoughtful people I know. When Nate and I had a been married a year we received a surprise 2nd honeymoon of sorts. My grandparents took us, along with the rest of my family, on a week long Caribbean cruise. It was such a wonderful gift...memories are something that can't be bought.
My Mimi is a timeless beauty. She is one of the most graceful women I know. She may be turning 80 today, but you would never know it by looking at her. Mimi I love you so much. I hope your day is as wonderful as you are!
1 comment:
Sweet Beth, Mimi, just called to say that she was able to find your blog and loved every word of the birthday post! It made her cry...and feel very special. She was touched by your thoughtfulness...as we all are. Your words of love are a gift beyond measure. They bless the heart, soul and mind in the most delightful way.
Post a Comment