

She channeled Twiggy as a tween:

Her beauty was easy for the eye to see when she graduated high school in 73':
She married my dad looking perky and cute, he was equally handsome in a baby blue suit:

She was a teacher by trade, but her true talents were seen in the art that she made:

Pictures show things I couldn't see, like this one of her shortly before she had me:

Then came the babies, I was the first of three:

How she managed us all is a mystery to me:

But, manage she did to make everything fun:

And in planning our lives she made us all one:
And as we grew older the fun didn't change:
The only thing changing with time was our age:

I can't think of a moment when she hasn't been there:

I am who I am all because of her care.
I love you mom and I hope you have the Happiest Birthday! Wish I could give you a big hug...I can't wait to see you soon!
P.S. I decided that one of the most meaningful gifts you can give has to come from the heart. So, here it is. Please appreciate the humilation I'm putting myself through for you! For your viewing pleasure--Happy Birthday from Carter and I--Roger Rabbit style:
I'm hoping this will release me forever from the "Monopoly deal"! I love you!
P.P.S Carter just couldn't believe that I didn't post a picture of her with her Roxie-she loves you!
7 comments:
My sweet Beth!!! HOW KIND OF YOU! Though thoughtfulness is your middle name, you never cease to amaze me! Your gift touched me! Made me grateful and made me smile (and cry,...are you training for Hallmark?).
It's 3:00 AM! I just got up to let the puppies out and decided to check our blogs, while they settled back down. Boy! What a wonderful surprise! (I knew you were up to something, but had no idea what...) That was so meaningful! To see my life, in a 'nut shell', and to see it through yours eyes was more than special!
Thank you so much for doing that!What a darling birthday present! It was fun.
I'm so grateful for God's grace. Living out our lives, under His authority, His love and His truth has brought joy and peace. I am blessed. His banner over me IS love. Always! Everyday! Birthday or not!
You are precious. And I love you.
Your momma
p.s. The 'roger rabbit' video was a nice touch. a bow on top! I'll watch it often. You knew that would be a big hit! The addition of Carter, was 'rib tickling'! Tell Carter, I LOVED it!!!
I'm back again after a second viewing, which I enjoyed every bit as much as the 1st! I just had to tell you what a good 'rhymer' you are! How nice to discover one more thing in we have in common! I also love the addition of music! Was it difficult to install? I might need tutorials! O.K! One more time...then it's back to sleep! Thank's again, Beth! You made me feel like a princess.
Big hug!
I am a New York Times bestselling author working on a new book about mother-daughter relationships and thought you might want to contribute. Please visit my page for details about submitting stories for Mom's Little Angel.
Gregory E. Lang
Author of “Daddy’s Little Girl,” “Why a Daughter Needs a Dad,” “Why a Daughter Needs a Mom” and more.
Hey Beth and Carter,
This is sooo cute! Just like Roxie made Granny cry on Mother's Day, you can bet the same is happening at her house. I hope you all are doing great and can't wait to see you soon.
Love, Lynnette
Golly ... I kinda felt like I was evesdropping on the most magical moment between a mother and daughter. Gives me goosebumps even. I love your mom, too, and see much of her in you.
Blessings to you both,
Jana
One more thing ... when my life slows down a tiny bit, I want to get some pointers on blogging from you. Just love what you do!
Dear Beth,
what a loving tribute you crafted of Roxanne! I know her as the wonderful and loyal wife. You completed more of the picture with your insights and photos of her as a mom. This blessed many of us, so thanks!
I love those pics. Mike you are lookin' good! What great memories. Happy belated Bday Roxy!
Post a Comment