I decided on a recent trip to the library to check out Babes in Toyland for Carter. I remember liking that movie as a child and thought it might be fun to watch again. It is amazing how things have improved over time. After watching it a few times I've got nursery rhymes on the brain and couldn't help but apply it to my budding flower beds. Last year around this time my mom came for a visit. She and I tore out most of what was in my flower beds and did a little re-planting. The most improved award goes to the Irises that she transplanted from the beach behind my house. They looked pretty sad last year...but have taken off quite nicely! Here is Carter in front of them before church on Sunday:
I am greeted by these blooms as i drive up everyday and it makes me so happy!
This is another little spot filled with things we moved from the "wild" they all survived and are doing really nicely!
The grasses that we planted definitely earn second place for most improved! They were only a fraction of this size last year...I guess the Washington rain is good for something!
My walkway greets me cheerfully and welcomes us to our home sweet home! We actually have 2 newly built birds nest above our front door!
Sun is good for growing plants, and little girls! At Christmas Carter received this shiny new trike, but was still a little to short to reach the pedals. What a difference a few months makes!
This video ends a little abruptly due to a minor spill. No permanent injuries were sustained and I'm happy to report she dusted it off and got right back on!
Last but not least I snapped this photo of Carter today during her afternoon snack...one word...
Chillin'!
4 comments:
Beth, I love the flowers and the house is darling. Carter is growing like the weeds in my flower beds. Why do they grow faster than anything else? Your birthday tribute to MIMI was so sweet, and she is a lovely lady.
Tell Nate good luck on his next adventure and we hope to see you and Carter when your down.
Love, Lynnette
I hate laughing at Carter falling over, but I think I was laughing more at your "Uh" and then immediate stop of video! Scraped knees only last a short while :o) I was loving your pictures as I pictured the blue skies, cliff and water behind your house....and then the mountains still topped with snow...our quaint little rental house amongst the trees...the plums, apples and cherries that grew in our yard....I could go on as you know. How I wish we still lived in beautiful Washington state!!!
Don't feel bad for laughing...I get really tickled every time I watch it! I would just love it if ya'll were still here-I still can't believe that we came so close to living in the same place but didn't get to!
I love your house! the flowers are beautiful. All mine are dying , they are getting scorched. I was laughing out loud at Carter. I can't wait to see y'all!
Post a Comment