Wednesday, July 2, 2008

That's My Baby!

Carter and I had a fun surprise Monday! The package Nate had sent us last week arrived earlier than expected and sent us both into a fit of giddiness! Her over some candy and bracelets, and me over a disposable camera. Nate had a the fun idea of using a disposable to take pictures and then sending it to us to have developed. It made for a fun outing and gave us something to anticipate as we waited to pick them up! It is always so good to get to "see" someone in their element when you are half a world away! I know none of you are missing his mug as much as me, but I thought I would share with you just the same.

Here he is hanging out with his plane:
Before... And after...a long day's work!
Poolside! A popular place in 110 degree plus heat!
Checking out some authentic Persian Rugs...pricey!
Hanging out outside his hotel:
I give Nate an A+! He's amazingly thoughtful and devoted and I couldn't love him more! We sent him a package of our own this week. Included was this photo of me with Carter, I think her face says it all!
...As do her words. She was "sleeping" with a photo of her daddy last night and after I left her room I could hear her talking to it. She was tearfully saying, "Daddy, I just miss you so much!" Over and over...enough to break the hardest of hearts for sure! That photo is getting plenty of hugs and kisses from her too! No one ever promised this would be easy...
WE LOVE YOU NATE!

4 comments:

Dacia said...

awww...what a thoughtful guy! that is the perfect present! :-)

i almost cried hearing you talk about carter sleeping with the picture. it's so sad.

have you ever heard of flat daddies? i know they were free to children of deployed soldiers for a while...not sure if they still are or how much they are or how long it takes (vs. how long nate will be gone)...but they are life size card board cut-outs of your hubby. it sounds cheesy, but i've heard that kids love them. here is the website...http://flatdaddies.com/ i was given the info a while back by our squadron commander's wife to put in our squadron newsletter and that's how i heard about it. it may be worth looking into.

Sam said...

Nate is awesome! How blessed you are to have a hubby that loves you guys so much! I can't wait to see the way Miss Carter reacts when daddy comes home!

Beth said...

thanks girls! taylor i think the flat daddies are such a great idea! i actually ordered one about 5 months ago and they are so backed up it hasn't arrived yet, maybe will have it for nate's next time out! thanks for the suggestion...i know the other military girls that read this will love the idea! :)

lyndsay said...

Nate it is so good to see you in your digs! I thank you for your sacrifice and service. Beth thank you for sharing. I like the first pic.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails