Saturday, July 5, 2008

Sunny Day's Chasing those Clouds Away

Carter and I are officially pool rats! We've spent our sunny days this past week hanging out poolside and we are loving it! It's taken me back to when I was little and we would spend our summer's at the Country Club. That doesn't mean we were rollin' in the dough. Most of our friends had their parent's charge numbers memorized and frequented the snack bar. We lived off our own special recipe of "free" lemonade (made by squeezing a few lemons and adding a packet of equal to a free glass of water)! These day's I'm more into iced tea (which just happens to be free too) and I've had enough this week that I'm floating! Carter is at the perfect age for the baby pool. She doesn't need me to have a hand on her at all times and we can enjoy just hanging out together. Of course before you head to the pool you need to make sure your toes are looking good. We enjoyed spending an afternoon with my mom getting pedicures. Carter did great and patiently sat in my lap and watched me get my toes done: After waiting, and waiting it was FINALLY time for Carter to get her nails done too!We're done...all painted and ready to go!Time to hit the pool:
Here's Carter taking a little goldfish break: A little sunbathing beauty:
We just love the pool...and each other!And I know I'm her mom and all...but, is she just too darn cute or what?!!! I wish someone would wrap me up in a nice warm towel and hold me...
AAHHH...summer in Texas! I know some will disagree, but it just doesn't get any better than this!

2 comments:

JANELLE said...

YEAH!!! SUN!!! I am so glad that you guys are having a great time! You guys look great!!

The Army of Allmans said...

How fun! I woud look like a whale at the pool, and going to have to get my nails done next week casue I can't reach them anymore! Anyways, Carter looks so cute as always, and you look good too! I tagged you on one of my posts...don't feel like you have to do it though, I had to name someone! Oh! and I e-mailed your other e-mail for info on some announcements!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails