We had a wonderful little West Texas Fourth of July here in Abilene. It was very "small town" (although Abilene is MUCH bigger than our little small town)! We kicked the day off by watching a neighborhood parade. It had basically fizzled out by the time we caught the end of it, but we enjoyed it, and snapping about a hundred photos of Carter, just the same! Here she is hanging out with Roxi and Pops before the show:
She also snagged this really cool picture of my dad (can we say future photographer?)!
We had a really amazing view of the fireworks...they were centered over the visitors stands and it was just a little bit' like being in a movie! Carter had fun roaming from lap to lap, here she is enjoying the show with Pops:
We had a great day. I thought about Nate a lot. How much I admire that he has chosen to take such an interest and make such an investment in this place that we all call home. I think about it more when he is gone. How people are free to do whatever there little heart desires because of the freedom that is afforded to us by all of those who choose to protect America. It's a catch 22, those who serve are doing exactly what their little heart desires as well. Which I guess is what makes the whole thing so special. I know I didn't do anything to deserve being born an American, I'm so glad God blessed me with such a great life. Happy Birthday America.
No comments:
Post a Comment