Monday, July 14, 2008

Just a Spoonful of Sugar

We've been watching a lot of Mary Poppins lately. Carter loves it and I love the fact that there is not a thing wrong with it! It got me thinking about how everytime Nate is gone I feel like I'm swallowing a great big spoonful of really bad medicine. But, being able to come to Texas and see my family and friends has been just a spoonful of sugar to help the medicine go down (I know I'm cheesy)! It's so fun getting to hang out and watch Carter get to know her grandparents! She and Roxi are definitely each others biggest fans. They've enjoyed lot's of fun little activities. Most of them revolve around cooking which my mom is great at! Here they are doing a little pea-shelling:
They've also enjoyed a little sugar of their own (sugar cookies to be exact). Carter loves to help with the mixing and enjoy's an occasional taste or two:
I've been enjoying running but I haven't lost a pound due to the fat that I ate about a dozen of these by myself!
It's taken a little time but Carter has definitely become buddies with Pops. We got really tickled because initially she would act like she wanted nothing to do with him...until he was busy doing something (like reading a book for example) then she wouldn't leave him alone! He would feign being annoyed, but I know he was loving it! Carter was being as pesky as a fly...
But, her persistance paid off and she won him over!
The other great thing about Carter is she can get my dad to do things no one else could, like wear a chik-fil-a cow hat in public!
Of course there are two other new friends in Carter's life I just can't forget! She LOVES playing with Mitzi and Abby. They had a rocky start but are all good friends now! She can often be found running around the backyard enjoying the dogs. She loves feeding them there food (kibble by kibble). We have also gotten a good laugh at her imitation of Mitzi. Mitzi has this "dog grin" that really looks like she is smiling! Here is Carter with Mitzi doing her best imitation:
Carter and Abby:

And when all else fails Carter still has her loyal friends to play with while we're here in TX! She enjoys putting "Lambie" and baby to bed. She'll sing them a really sweet rendition of "You are my Sunshine" as they drift off to sleep:
Last but not least I caught her the other day having the most adorable conversation with her daddy on my cell phone (it was pretend) but, CUTE none the less! Just thought I would share it as well:


And, this is more than a little random...but, Carter just got these new kicks which I think are just the cutest things I've ever seen! They really do make her faster. She can outrun me, we had a race the other day-she's breaking baby world records left and right!And, while we're on the topic of being random here is something that I just had to send to Nate (I feel like I should give a little "tacky disclaimer" for anyone whose easily offended)! I just loved this card:



8 comments:

Sam said...

Beth, you are such a positive and supportive spouse! Carter is growing up so quickly -- the phone call clip started to choke me up. I (we) really miss you guys. Please give Nate my best and I pray he comes home soon. Great blog!

Jared

Beth said...

Jared-Thanks so much! Your words mean a lot! We miss ya'll more than I can say! I'll definitely say hey to Nate for you. Thanks again for the encouragement!

The Reeves bunch said...

Oh my gosh, I got a little choke up myself listening to that conversation. She is adorable. Your positive attitude about Nate being gone is contagious. We wish you guys the best and have so much fun with your parents. I know that you are loving every minute of it.

Marta said...

That clip is too adorable! There's nothing a like a little girl's love for her daddy! Glad y'all are having a good time.

lyndsay said...

Thank you for sharing. Love the card!! I want to sit
with Roxy and shell peas. I laughed so hard seeing Mike with that chick-fil-a hat.

Case and Los said...

That card is hilarious. So I'm stoked Nate joined and found me on Facebook, wish you were on there too:) He said you're coming home next week? You've been missing some FAB weather! Give me/us a call if you want to come over for a meal in Burlington! 206.595.0826

JANELLE said...

That was not a random comment at all about the shoes because I was noticing them in every picture - how cute!! Bring some of those yummy cookies home with you :)

Dacia said...

carter's phone convo is the most adorable thing ever! i'm so glad you got it on video and even more glad that your shared it with us. i hope the days go by quicker and quicker...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails