Mimi and Papa...
That smile is like sunshine to me...

I have many a fond memory of this place and always like going! In High School (before the days where kids had cell phones) our friends would often come looking for us around dinner time at Luby's...that's how often we were there. When Nate and I started dating he would kindly indulge me and we ate there often. Most days we would share a piece of chocolate pie, so on our most recent visit I got some in honor of him (and well I really just wanted to eat it, but it makes me feel better to say he's the reason!)
Going to Luby's, something we love to do.
Sharing a piece of pie made for two.
But, when you're not here...
it's bad for my rear....
'cause I eat the whole thing without you!
And, unfortunately the pie wasn't the only thing going to my rear on our visit! We were "fed well" everywhere we went. I was also highly anticipating what will become a stop I have to make every time I'm in the Dallas area. The last time I was in town we checked it out and I wasn't disappointed! It's Sprinkles Cupcakes and they are worth every penny of the $3.25 it cost to eat one! I have loved their website and marketing for a while, but had never been able to make it to any of their far off locations. I was so happy when they put one in Dallas! We shared the fun with my mom, Aunt Lynette, cousin Natalie and Granny (GG to Carter):
We had a pretty long day of traveling and were getting a little stir crazy on our last flight. I pulled out my camera to try and amuse Carter and we are pretty good at creating our own fun if I do say so myself! Here's a photo she snapped of a snazzy dresser a couple of rows up:
She also found another way to amuse herself...
Pure TALENT people...we're raising this one right!
Sometimes it's hard because there is something about being with my family that is comforting and helps pass the time quickly. Not to mention we have just always been close and I enjoy getting to spend time with each and every one of them. There's a part of me that wants to hide-a-way in Texas every time Nate is gone. It feels safe. But, there's the other part of me that says, "You're twenty-seven (AHHHH) a real live adult, put your big girl panties on and be a woman!" So here I am. And I'm not complaining. I have a great group of friends here. We have a good church. A wonderful little house to call home. It's a happy life. There are just those days (and they seem more frequent when I'm home) that I feel like I fight being consumed by missing Nate. I want him here to love, share and parent with. I find myself comparing (never a good thing) our life to those of the average American. The ones who didn't choose the military as their path in life. I'll just be honest...I'm jealous of them. I want my husband to come home every night so bad it hurts. I think the lesson I'm learning over and over is I just have to give this to God. I have no choice and no control...there aren't many things in life that you can truly say that about, but this is mine. Hold onto it and be miserable...give it away and receive peace and joy as your reward. Sounds so easy, for some reason it's just not. Refiners Fire.
8 comments:
You're little girl is awesome. How are Roxy and Mike? Good I hope. In one of those pictures there is a painting of a football. I think I still have the basketball one she made! Where is Whidbey? Is Nate in training right now? Where is he? I'm full of questions as you can see...
Looks like you girls had a great time! I hope you have a great rest of the summer (it isn't fall there yet is it? haha!) in Whidbey and I hope Nate is doing well!
For some reason that picture of the man on the plane cracked me up! What you said about the ones that don't choose this military lifestyle is so true. Beth, I get jealous ALL the time. What I do know is that God has me right where I need to be in this moment. He has always been faithful! I sometimes wonder what it's like for other families that have their husbands home as well; however, I realize that I have this incrediable appreciation for Jared that in part comes from his absence. I'm so excited for Nate's homecoming! By the way, Carter is so adorable in her little piggytails!
This was great to see the pictures and re-live the last days y'all were here. We loved the shopping, eating and playing with you and Carter. Enjoy Whidbey while the sun is shining!
P.S. I love the football picuture.
P.S.S That Chrissy-poo is a nosey little guy!
I forgot to tell you that I love the painting your mom did and her door is BEAUTIFUL!
How fun to see Mindi and her little man! He's adorable! Glad you had a great visit in Texas with your family and a safe trip back to Washington. We're missing that great NW summer weather while we roast down here!
I am so proud of Carter. She is getting so big. I remember when I got the nerve to dive off the diving board. What a "leap" of faith. I love the pic that Carter took of the man on the plane. What a character. She has quite the flexibility. I am so glad you had such a great trip in Texas. I can relate to you about being home. There aint nothin' like Texas!!
We loved spending time with you while ya'll were here. Sorry we didn't get together quite as much as I would've liked to. But we'll take what we can get. Love ya!
Post a Comment