That photo was taken the day we officially started this adventure, almost six year ago, but the look hasn't changed. Nate still smiles at me with that twinkle in his eye and makes me feel like I'm the only person in the world. When he's not around I miss just having him look at me. But, being the guy that he is he somehow manages to make me feel just as special. Carter and I made it home safe and sound late last night and then spent the morning hanging out with friends. When we arrived home I was greeted by this happy little bouquet of flowers...Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Bloom
Right around 7 years ago my world got rocked. What started out as an innocent trip to Starbucks with friends turned out to be the moment that would change my life forever. I was standing at the counter ordering my drink of choice. I remember turning around and looking out into the room while I waited. There was a table full of people I recognized and one I didn't. He stood out to me in the way you sort of imagine that "person" your meant to be with will. Sort of like God spotlighted him from heaven. Of course I didn't really know the moment I left that night that the good looking, blonde haired, blue eyed guy with an amazing smile would be the very same one I now call my hubby...but maybe deep down I had a twitch of an inclination that my life would never be the same. From the moment he came into my world Nate's love has made me bloom. It's not that I deserve it, but he has never made me feel anything less than adored. Sometimes it's not in what a person says, it's just in the way they look at you...
That photo was taken the day we officially started this adventure, almost six year ago, but the look hasn't changed. Nate still smiles at me with that twinkle in his eye and makes me feel like I'm the only person in the world. When he's not around I miss just having him look at me. But, being the guy that he is he somehow manages to make me feel just as special. Carter and I made it home safe and sound late last night and then spent the morning hanging out with friends. When we arrived home I was greeted by this happy little bouquet of flowers...
The flowers in and of themselves were enough to make any girl feel special...his perfect timing is what made me feel adored. He somehow just knew that the first day back in our home without him here might be a little tough. Now every time I glance at my kitchen counter top I'm greeted by a cheerful little bouquet that is about as close as you can get to a smile and a wink from my sweet husband. Thanks Nate for showing me your love...God uses you everyday to show me His.
That photo was taken the day we officially started this adventure, almost six year ago, but the look hasn't changed. Nate still smiles at me with that twinkle in his eye and makes me feel like I'm the only person in the world. When he's not around I miss just having him look at me. But, being the guy that he is he somehow manages to make me feel just as special. Carter and I made it home safe and sound late last night and then spent the morning hanging out with friends. When we arrived home I was greeted by this happy little bouquet of flowers...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Love the flowers, how thoughtful of Nate to think of y'all like that.
Had a great time this weekend and miss have little Cater-poo around. (Could you ask her where she put the little green pillow?) Just kidding, it will turn up soon!
Love you all.
We had so much fun too! I asked Carter where the pillow was and she said we can come to your house tomorrow and find it! :) Would that be ok?! Thanks for all the links to fun Whidbey stuff...I can't wait to check it all out!
What a sweet hubby! Beautiful flowers!
Beth, this post made me cry. The flowers are so pretty and cheerful. How thoughtful of Nathan! It touches me deeply that you and Nathan are very happy. That you love each other so much. It's every father and mother's prayer. We are so blessed. Thank you for sharing.
I love you.
What a sweet blog:) I love when hubby's are that thoughtful. On Valentine's Day I was like, "hey Los, should I buy myself some flowers?" and I just meant, you know, a little something. He said no, and came back from getting dinner with the hugest bouquet of white roses I've ever seen. I know it's silly, but it meant a lot that next week, and I loved smiling at them the way you are at your new bouquet!
p.s. I'm not sure if we're coming tonight? I've only ever been to 2 of those H-F's, and one was for Los, the other was for Forrest. I think our's is being delayed til September, since we're not leaving? But I'll call Los and ask. You're brave for going alone. I would bungy jump; but I'd never go to one of those alone!:)
Post a Comment