
About 4 years ago I endured the bliss known as pregnancy...and only until now I had all but forgotten it is at times not so blissful. I have decided that nausea is by far one of my least favorite things in the world. I could go on and on because I think the saying misery loves company is true, but I'll just leave it at that. Right now I am feeling quite accomplished because Carter and I have both eaten, had a bath/shower, and are snuggled on the couch for a movie. Amazing how the simplest things are suddenly such a challenge when you feel like Crap with a capitol "C". I will be thrilled when I get out of the "sick" stage and onto the craving Macaroni and Cheese stage...for now a little couch snuggling and 7up may be just what the doctor ordered.


10 comments:
I forgot about those days too. Lily asked me today if I have a baby sister in my belly. Must be gaining too much weight while Dale is gone. Ha ha! Hope you feel better! Keep up the good work mama!
I feel your pain girl. UGH. I just kept telling myself "Nausea means things are going well, as far ast he baby goes". Not sure if this helps, but here's a few ideas:
1) take your prenatal at night
2) force yourself to eat a snack that has a little protein before bed
3) try B6 vitamins and ginger capsules....seemed to take the edge off a bit
4) i have those "sea bands" - those wrist things...didn't work for me, but you may try them if you'd like.
5) this is my BEST rule - if something actually sounds good - JUST EAT IT! Even if its not good for you. I lived on DQ blizzard and pizza hut personal pan pizzas for a while.
Hang in there....and feel free to vent to me anytime - i TOTALLY understand.
i think God helps us to forget so we are willing to do it again in the future. as my due date approaches, i'm starting to feel the same way about labor and delivery. i remember saying i will never do it again, but for the life of me i can't truly remember how bad it really was..... :-)
hope you feel better soon. 2nd trimester bliss will be here before you know it!
oh, and i used this stuff called "gripe water" during my first trimester with this pregnancy and it really seemed to work. it's supposed to be for babies with colic, but it is safe for pregnant women too and helps with nausea! it can be found over the counter at the drugstore....worth a try!
So glad you decided to blog about the blahs! It always helps to talk about these things! Did I mention my ankles have been swelling a bit lately? :0
I was nauseous for all three- and after your first pregnancy- you no longer have the luxury to just let the nausea get the best of you as you now have a little one to take care of and a hubby gone (lol- i have been there and always joke with ben he leaves at very convenient times:))
I used Unisom with Drew- not the sleep gel tab- just the regular one - one tablet at night with B6- it prevented me from throwing up and to take care of Luke while Ben was away. With this one the doctor prescribed me Zofran....
also what worked for me- is to not eat and drink at the same time- and to never let my stomach go empty- cheese and crackers became my constant companion....
hope you feel better soon!!:)
I told myself thru the who nausea thing... Doing it for this baby over and over, and this sooo could be worse... Pretty silly I know but it seemed to help me get thru it!!!! How far along are you???
Totally been there! Didn't have the nausea with Raleygh, but this second one made up for it. Fortunately, it IS a phase and it too will pass. I felt like I was eating EVERY BLESSED HOUR that I was awake! And, I even woke up in the middle of the night wanting more! But fortunately the nausea goes away and it's all worth it in the end. (I keep telling myself that when I look at the size of my hips and thighs...a topic that I don't wish to discuss at this time!) ;-0
Ooooohhh girl....I feel ya! Yes, misery does love company and I'm glad that I'm not the only one trying to keep up with a never slow-going toddler while you feel so yucky!!! Hopefully we'll both feel better soon! However, those twinges of nausea are always quick to remind me of the existence of that oh-so-sweet parasite living inside of you! :) Kind of a reassuring sign!
Post a Comment