I sometimes have a hard time finding the balance when Nate is away. I feel like it is important to try and maintain a sense of "normalcy" (whatever that is) for Carter, but I also hate doing things without him and feeling like he is missing out. I have come to the realization though that it is very important for us to still have fun while he is away and last Saturday we did just that! We were in Seattle for the day waiting to pick up Roxi and decided to spend the afternoon at the Zoo. We both got a big kick out of this "Ape in a Bag"...

C enjoyed the petting zoo...

and made fast friends with a certain little Penguin...

It did my heart good to see her little smile...

We had a really great day just the two of us...


4 comments:
Hey, sweet girls! Loved seeing your zoo pictures tonight. That little peguin is so cute!
We enjoyed the day and saw many sights! The hotel is VERY nice. Looking forward to setting sail tomorrow. I'll post asap! Big hug!
Nothing makes me happier than to see your two gorgeous smiles! I am blessed!
I have to say Beth some of my fondest childhood memories are times I spent with my mom. After she would pick me up from school we would go to the park and she would pack us a lunch and she would swing me so high.
LOL at the Ape-in-the-Bag! That's hilarious!
Post a Comment