I love gummi bears...especially the Haribo kind. So, much to my delight the doctor at my ultrasound today said our little baby looks just like a gummi bear, which was music to my ears...
a little closer...

and I think I can definitely see the resemblance...

I saw the sweet little heart beating which is so cool. The whole visit was very reassuring. I had actually had my first visit last week but the doctor was quite impersonal and did a very quick ultrasound where she "wasn't able to see a whole lot", so she had me re-schedule for this week. It left me a little anxious to say the least. I was so thankful today for the grandfatherly Dr. Loeb who took his time and explained every little thing he saw today...amazing how a person and their attitude can make all the difference. Our little gummi bear is looking great and should be making his/her debut around the end of January. And yes OF COURSE we will be finding out what we are having, I mean seriously how could I not?? So that and other little tidbits will be coming in the next few months. Meanwhile this little gummi is sucking the life out of me as I type and I feel a nap in my near future. But, the next time you're about to pop a gummi bear in you mouth listen carefully and you'll hear me screaming, "STOP don't eat my baby!"
11 comments:
OH! WOW! I was catching up on your blogspot and behold, there was a new family member. A Gummi Bear! Little Gummi until we know another name. Beautiful!!! and Wonderful!!! all at the same time. Hug Little Gummi and Carter for me.....love you two (ooops!) ... three so very much!!!
Nonna
Haribo are my favorite too! How sweet and precious. A new baby and a gummi one at that. :) Hope you feel revived and can't wait to you show us a baby bump.
Don't you just love ultrasounds? That's one of my favorite parts of the whole pregnancy experience!
Hope you just feel better and better as the whole process continues!
Congrats on a healthy ultrasound!!!:)
Too cute Beth...love the comparison! I am soooo excited for you guys and this post made me just jump for joy! Can't wait to hear if Mister or Misses joins your amazing family!
love
sam
How precious! I'm so thankful for the reassurance you recieved today...and the baby's first photo. How precious! What a cute post, Beth....Haribo gummi bears will never be quite the same for me. Rest easy, dear and know your family is being thought of and prayed for.
This is creepy... It made throw up in my mouth a little, the parts where you made me feel like I was eating your baby.
I really don't think I could eat a gummi bear anytime soon.
Like I'd be on survivor and they would say," You have to eat 7 gummi bears (what I hear, "You have to eat 7 babies!").
How cute is that little baby!!! Congrats. :)
Thanks for sharing the first pics of nate or beth jr. It's amazing how that pic really does look like a gummi bear. One of my co-workers just had a baby and she recorded the heart beat on her phone and brought it in it was so neat.
Beth,
(Natalie Briggs again, your blog stalker, Sarah's friend, remember?) Congrats on your pregnancy and that sweet gummi bear. I'm a little concerned though because I had a sono today and your gummi bear looks a lot like mine!!! We're going to have babies just days apart!!! It's fun to be pregnant with others even if just via blogs! Carter is going to be a great big sister! Congrats again! Love your blog!
Beth, I had no idea!!!! I am so excited for you guys and hope we can see you sometime soon!
Much love,
Maggie
Post a Comment