These two are always SO happy to see each other...
Monday, August 25, 2008
Reunited...and it feels so good!
Nate's back and so is "normal" life! I told him as we were driving in the car yesterday how surreal it always is. I feel like for three months hardly a moment goes by that I don't wish he was home, and then suddenly here he is and it's just so incredibly normal and perfect and did I mention normal. I love it. I had one very happy little two year old as soon as we spotted Nate's plane on the runway....
Carter never disappoints when it comes to fulfilling the scenario I've played out in my imagination...she sprints straight to Nate the second he walks into the air terminal:

And, I'm sure it goes without saying...but, these two are always pretty happy to see each other too!
And, I think when you are two peace is about as simple as having your daddy home...it sort of makes everything right in the world.
Welcome home Nate! Our hearts are so happy you're here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
yay! welcome home, nate! i'm so glad life is back to "normal" for you!
Oh my gosh! Those pictures are amazing! It really shows the love that Carter has for her daddy and vice versa. Thank you for sharing with us. WELCOME HOME!!
I am so happy for you! You may not remember me, but I'm Joni's best friend from childhood. I quietly enjoy your blog and feel like I know you and your family. Your relationship with Nate is so sweet and you are an excellent writer. Enjoy your little family! I really do feel some of your joy. Keep blogging!
www.jabberingwithjill.blogspot.com
Oh I was so happy when Carter went running to Nate! I teared up! Glad he's home!
Dear Beth and Nathan, I am so happy you two lovers are back together. Let me just tell ya, it gets even better with time. Now you know what you have to look forward to!!! Welcome back Nathan and we are thankful you are home. Love you three, Leslie
Dear Beth and Nathan, I am so happy you two lovers are back together. Let me just tell ya, it gets even better with time. Now you know what you have to look forward to!!! Welcome back Nathan and we are thankful you are home. Love you three, Leslie
I'm so glad the day you've been waiting for has finally come! The pics are beautiful - they made me cry! Welcome home Nate - thank you for all you do for our country!
I can't help but have a huge smile on my face and teary eyes when I see these pictures and video! I'm just so sincerely happy for your family! Happy reunion!
Hey Beth, thanks for commenting about Lanessas recovery. You are right - it will be a long battle where we just need to look for the small victories each day. Thanks for praying for specifics. Glad Nate's home.
Chris
Can I lump this all together into one great big THANK YOU!!!! Thank you all for being so sweet as to be SO happy for our family to be back together...I'm so thankful for such wonderful people in my life...I'm blessed that's for sure!
I'm so glad that Nate is back and life is back to normal! I hope you enjoy every second of it!
Hi Beth! I found your blog through a friend, I went to UMHB too and am so happy for you guys to be back together again! My husband's not in the military, but my dad's in the army and has been since I was 7, so I relate to your sweet little girl, just happy to be back in her daddy's arms. :)
Post a Comment