Saturday, August 9, 2008

Summer-to-Do's

Summer just isn't Summer until a few things are checked off your list. Mine aren't extensive...they're just the normal things like hitting the pool, drinking sweet tea, flying a kite, having a picnic, you get the point. So, we've accomplished all of these, but one thing that was left to check off our list was running through the sprinkler. I love how I'm saying "We", like I would really be caught dead running through the sprinkler in my backyard! I guess I should clarify and say Carter needed to check running through the sprinkler off her Summer to do list. This past week it has been REALLY beautiful here. These are the weeks that you almost forget about the fact that here in a few months you'll be holed up in your house cursing the gray sky and staring at a light bulb pretending it's the sun. When the sun shows its face here in Whidbey you have to strike while the iron's hot! So my friend Mindi and I threw our girls out in the backyard and let em' go to town. I am feeling the need to clarify again. Elli and Ava went to town, Carter observed. She made a few valiant efforts and did a couple of laps around the sprinkler. I think by the time they were done she might have had 8 droplets of water on her; and those were on her booty which is the body part she chose to attempt to stick into the sprinkler! Anyway, the whole thing was fun and humorous and if anything good for a laugh, and of course we have some pictures to prove it.

Here they are ready to hit the water! I think Carter seriously looks up to Elli, which is sort of obvious when you look at this picture!


Ava is by far the biggest daredevil of the trio, which I think also means she has the most fun!

Carter loves watching her and I'm hoping she takes notes and gets a little more daring when it comes to trying new things...so far she seems to be taking after me. I am not someone who tends to embrace speed or things that cause your heart to race. A.K.A. I'm a scaredy cat.
See...cautious...
But, as the video shows, that doesn't mean she wasn't having a BLAST! This is what the afternoon consisted of...Carter ventures toward sprinkler, Carter gets a drop of water on her, Carter SQUEALS to high heaven!
As long as she's smiling I'm happy! Guess it just proves you don't have to get wet to have FUN!

5 comments:

Roxanne said...

Beth, how precious!I love watching this...brings back sweet memories!

Why is it that first born children are so cautious???.....and the second child is often fearless?
From one first born to another first born to another first born, maybe Carter's momma needs to take her by the hand, throw caution to the wind and make a run through herself...just to show her how it's done...you know, teach her how to be brave!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Beth,
I loved Roxie's comments on being cautious. I truly don't remember her ever being cautious. She was always the adventurous one. She was willing to runaway from home at 9 or 10 years old. She was the one who tried out and made the Teen Board at the Sanger Harris' (now Macy's). She was the one that came home with a small snake wrapped around her wrist. Unlike me, who was afraid to walk by the front door (it was glass) for fear that someone might see me. I think she is the one who could show Carter a thing or two. Hope you all have a great end of summer and may the sun continue to shine, shine, shine!
Love you all.

Beth said...

I love you both! My blog makes me feel closer to ya'll and I like that! :)

Sam said...

She looks too cute! I'm so glad you guys had a beautiful day in Washington that allowed the fun summer moments!

Michelle said...

Hi Beth,
I'm childhood friends with Joni AND live two streets away from her, SO of course I know MS. ROXANNE and always heard all about you. I think she is really sweet, talented, and oh what a cook! I'll never forget her little Bible Study we had at her house! Our neighborhood just isn't the same without her! I really enjoy checking in on your blog. Carter is so precious! You take the best pictures.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails