Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Madeline

This past week Carter and I have spent a lot of time around the house. I felt motivated when I got home from Texas to do a few little artsy projects/rearranges here and there. It's always fun to re-work what you have and make it feel fresh! So, Carter has been entertaining herself, which I might add she is really good at, reading, playing, etc. She has quite the imagination and the other day I caught her attempting to "hide" in here. It actually scared me...but before I got onto her I just had to grab a quick picture!
We've also spent a lot of time reading together. Carter loves to read and so do I so it's a great combo! I had my camera handy because I was hoping to catch her on video reading one of her favorite books Madeline. Of course she wasn't cooperating with my efforts and was way more interested in taking pictures of things in her room. On the plus side, she is becoming quite handy with the camera. If you need someone to take a self-portrait of you she's available at a moments notice. I thought this one had a kinda' artsy feel...


And, this one is a pretty accurate portrayal of how I look most of the time when we're hanging out at home...work out clothes and a headband!



So, after I was HIGHLY cooperative in allowing her to mess around with my camera I was able to finally "sneak" in this video of her reading Madeline. And, it's not so much "reading" as it is reciting from memorization, but it's a memory I wanted captured because I love hearing her do it! I'm pretty sure that the grandparents may be the only one who make it through this video seeing as it is pretty long...


By the off chance that someday you are reading this Carter, I just want to say thank you. Your sweet little voice is one of the things I love most in this world. I could sit and listen to you talk for hours. I know you are only 2 (almost three) and this will sound silly but thank you for being such a sweet little friend while daddy is away. I love everything we do together. I love your company and your energy and your joy is just contagious! I'm really just at that place where I can't imagine what I did before I had you...I love you little girl.

2 comments:

Sam said...

Too sweet! I love the video of her reading - she has the cutest little voice! It's amazing how these moments in life truly get us through challenging times!

love
sam

lyndsay said...

Carter is quite the photographer. I love the natural and real moments that are shared through this lens of your lives. thank you. I wish I could be there live.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails