Sunday, August 17, 2008

Six Years Ago


I carry your heart with me

(I carry it in my heart)




I am never without it



(anywhere I go you go, my dear;




and whatever is done by only me is your doing, my darling)




I fear no fate




(for you are my fate, my sweet)

I want no world

(for beautiful you are my world, my true)

and its you are whatever a moon has always meant

and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows

(here is the root of the root

and the bud of the bud

and the sky of the sky

of a tree called life;

which grows higher than the soul can hope

or a mind can hide)

and this is the wonder

that's keeping the stars apart

I carry your heart

(I carry it in my heart) e.e.cummings

Six years ago today...I married my very best friend. Nathan, I can honestly say I don't have the words to express what my heart feels for you. Thank you for winning me over...thank you for making our romance the center of your adventure...thank you for being the man I always dreamed of spending my life with. In spite of the miles between us I know you are right here with me...I carry your heart with me (I carry it in my heart).

11 comments:

Taylor and Dacia Droke said...

happy anniversary! sorry you can't spend it with Nathan. I will be thinking of you and praying for you today...

The Reeves bunch said...

Happy Anniversary!

sam said...

Oh....sooo sooo beautiful! The two of you are an amazing couple that we always miss being around! Happy Anniversary!

Case and Los said...

I love that EE Cummings poem!! You inspire me to do something on our anniversary like this:) What wonderful memories in those pictures! This year is the FIRST anniversary I'll have ever gotten to be with Los, amen! How fun that you got to see him one of his many trips to Lowe's! Wish I could've seen you too, but I was GRIMY staining the fence...

JANELLE said...

Happy Anniversary - it was fun spending the day with you! Your words are both beautiful and inspiring!

Elaine and Shawn said...

Happy Anniversary!! Such a cute post!

joel and cayce harris said...

beth! i love you and nathan together and the sweet life your love produced in carter. you are so creative and i love the way you show your love for your family on this blog. it's inspiring! love seeing these pictures and that i got to be there though i didn't know you or nathan then. :) we did get to see kim and john at huddies bday, lots of fun! wish you guys could have been there too.

Marta said...

Happy Anniversary!

Michelle said...

Such a BEAUTIFUL post!

Joni said...

I have always loved looking at the pictures from your wedding. You looked beautiful. Thinking and praying for you and your sweet family.

Shanna said...

So sweet!!! Happy late anniversary!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails