Saturday, August 16, 2008

J-E-L-L-O

So, in an attempt to be a little more "healthy" I've been trying to refrain from buying those things that I know I'll regret eating. For me that means no double stuffed Oreos. I've been doing my best to give myself alternatives to satisfy my sweet tooth. One thing that seemed like a great option are these sugar free, low calorie, pudding snacks, with get this...ONLY 60 calories (I tend to prefer the vanilla)...
It all sounds so good in theory...the problem is I just ate 3. I'm pretty sure that defeats the whole purpose. Valiant effort. Off to bed...gotta' go sleep off my pudding hangover.

6 comments:

Sam said...

Yum!!!I know those little cups are hard to resist! I just found the most delightful cookies (I'm not even a cookie person)called Newman's Hint O Mints. I guess there not the healthist options but unlike Oreos they have no "extras". This will sound funny but their actually organic! Good luck on your pudding hangover! Lots of love - sam

lyndsay said...

When I see Jello I think of the priceless bill cosby jello commercials from back in the day.
I love the pudding ones as well. Don't tell anyone but my roomates buy them and I steal them out of the fridge.

Roxanne said...

mOVE OVER CHILDREN! y'ALL ARE TOO YOUNG TO EVEN IMAGINE ALL THE JELLO THAT WAS EATEN IN THE 50'S, 60'S & 70'S. tHE HIGHLY ADVERTISED AND DEARLY LOVED'JIGGLY' WAS EVERWHERE!!! aNYWAY MY ALL TIME FAVORITE IS "PINK JELLO". HERE IS tHE RECIPE...

1 LARGE box cherry Jello
1 sm.can crushed pineapple,drained 2-3 bananas, chopped
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
1/2 cup marascino cherries, chopped
1 small carton Cool Whip

Prepare jello according to directions on box. Before it has congealed remove from fridge & add the remaining ingredients. Mix well. Pour into glass dish & return to fridge until completely set. Cut into squares & serve.

This salsd is really pretty when poured into small serving dishes, such as parfait or sherbert cups.

HEY, BETH! i LOVE YOUR NEW HEADER!!! wHAT A FABULOUS PIC OF cARTER...GOOD JOB!

lyndsay said...

great recipe roxy, you should post more recipes on your blog. I know I'm not the only one that would appreciate that.

Beth said...

thanks Sam for calling the cups "little" that makes me feel just a little bit' better! i'll have to try the cookies...lyndsay--I'm calling your roomates ASAP! Mom--that pink jello could REALLY get me in to trouble :)!

JANELLE said...

I LOVE JELLO - the kids and I just started making those little packs - well I don't buy the little ones - but oour favorite is the vanilla with the chocolate chips - hits the spot!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails