Thursday, August 21, 2008

Looks Like We Made It

Well, it's no secret that the ups and downs of being separated from Nate over the last 3 months have sometimes left me feeling like this...When your husband works for Uncle Sam you sometimes feel like you live on an emotional roller coaster. I realize that most of you who read this have "read" about mine over the last few months and I just want to say THANKS! Thanks for all the support, encouragement, and prayers. This blog has truly become an outlet for me. I don't filter a lot of what I put on here...meaning I've given myself permission to be honest. Even though that may mean I sometimes go back re-read something at a later date and don't love what I had to say. I've always been someone who likes to get my feelings out on paper, and although I never dreamed that "paper" would become something anyone else would read I am thankful for this little spot. It has truly helped me through some of the tough moments and so again I say thank you. And, in case it's not blatantly obvious I'm thankful and sentimental and have knots in my stomach because...drum roll please...my hubby's on his way home!!! I just got that "official" call that he's leaving and is really on his way. It's always a bit surreal. I mean you think about the day he'll be home from the second he leaves and then suddenly it's here and it dawns on you, "hey, we made it through another one of these things!" Tonight as Carter and I prayed I just felt overwhelmed and thanked God for seeing us through. He knows better than anyone how this has felt and how this has affected each member of our family. He has also faithfully seen us to this place where we will soon be reunited. He is so good. After our prayers Carter did what she has done every night for the last couple of weeks. During a sleepover with Elli and Ava (blog on that later) we made a paper chain to help us count the days until Daddy got home. It started off looking like this...And after tonight it looks like this...

Needless to say that makes us both VERY excited. So, around 1 o'clock on Saturday this guy~pictured here with his crew (he's the very tan, very good looking, blonde in the center of the photo, you see him right? He's the one with the huge white smile)...He's going to be showered with love, adoration and attention from a couple of girls who just can't wait to see him!!! We love you Nate, hurry home!!!

7 comments:

Heather said...

How exciting! I am so happy for ya'll! Have fun and tell him thank you for everything he does.

Elaine said...

YEAH!!! We'll be praying for safe travels and a sweet reunion!

Sam said...

I'm soooo excited for you guys! You've done an amazing job Beth! Yes you've shown your emotions but that's why we love you! I hope you have a beautiful reunion day with the people that you love!

lyndsay said...

I am so excited for you two!!
I barely recognize Nate. He is so tan and hairy...hehe! How long will he be home?

Roxanne said...

YEAH!!! NATE IS COMING HOME!!! I'm so happy for all of you! Enjoy each and every minute!

lyndsay said...

It would be great to put that pics of Carter on a card and put a message like; "we miss you" or "Get well". That would be so cute. Have fun with Nate!

Katie said...

Hey Beth,
I miss you! We need to catch up! Hope you are doing great!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails