Friday, August 1, 2008

Berry Fun

After hearing all about some of your favorite summer activities I thought I would share one of ours. This past Monday we headed down to Coupeville to visit Bell's Farm. They have strawberry fields as far as the eye can see. The berries were juicy and ripe and just waiting for us to pick them. Look, here they are...

After some quick instructions from the character who ran the place, we'll call him old Joe...

These girls were ready to pick some berries!

So was this little guy Bradley who was all ready to pick with his beautiful Mama Shanna...

Carter quickly got the hang of it...

Old Joe had told the girls they could eat as many berries as they liked...

She took those instructions and ran with them...

While the rest of us were busy picking...

Carter was busy picking too, but all her berries were going straight to the same place...

And, the next best thing to picking and eating your own berries...

Having Elli pick and feed you her berries!

This girl has a one track mind...

She's just looking for more berries to eat...

But, sometimes the easiest thing is to just "take" what you want...

This little berry thief is on the run!

Look what I caught...

And I wouldn't let those hands touch me with a ten foot pole!

This strawberry smile say's it all...

And here's some other smiles I like:

Our good friends Ava, Mindi and Elli...

Molly aka the girl I couldn't survive VQ-1 without!

After we had picked all we could carry Elli kindly hauled our berries for us:

Here we are with our entire Berry Picking Team:

I love this shot I snapped of the girls hanging out on an old flatbed truck...

I had fun playing around with it using a new FREE program I found called Photoshop Express...

It was a memorable day...one that will stick with us when we think back on having the opportunity to live in Washington. After the berry picking extravaganza we wrapped things up with a picnic in the park and some ice cream in Coupeville. It was refreshing in so many ways. I love hanging out with Mindi and her girls, Shanna and Bradley, Molly and Brittney...they are those kind of people you just feel right at home with. Later that night we had dinner with Mindi, Elli, and Ava. After such a long day these three amigos were pretty warn out...God takes care of us wherever we go. For me it's friends like these that remind me of how much He cares. Isn't it amazing how he places people in your life that make everyday better? Berry Good.

4 comments:

Elaine said...

Looks like you girls had so much fun!! Look how blue the ski was!! Wish I was there! "Jamal" would love some fresh strawberries.

Anonymous said...

This looks like such fun and I love Carter's Bee boots. This also reminded me of a Blue Bell commercial. "We eat all we can and we sell the rest".
Glad to see y'all having fun.

lyndsay said...

These pictures are beautiful! I'm pretty sure I would be doing exactly what Carter is doing. Eating all the free strawberries I could. What a great childhood memory!

Jason and Jessica said...

Reading about Carter the Strawberry Thief cracked me up...have you guys ever read The Little Mouse, The Red, Ripe Strawberry, and The Hungry Bear?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails