Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Happy Tears

I love a good surprise.


This past Sunday (Mother's Day to be exact) my sister, my brother and I put our heads together and decided that the perfect gift for our momma' would be...us!  


You see, we don't all get to be in one place at the same time very often and we knew that would be the thing that would mean the most to her.  Of course we also knew it would be a whole lot of fun if she didn't know we were coming...so we surprised her!  She had no idea as my dad lead her into a brunch that was supposed to be "just the two of them" she would instead round the corner and find all of us...




It was fabulous!  She cried happy tears (just like we knew she would) and we got to show her just how much we love her.  She makes all of us so very happy (you can read more about the day from her point of view HERE)...





After breakfast we headed out to spend a little time in the country.  We hung out at the fabulous little farmhouse my parents are staying in while they transition to Temple...




It was peaceful, quite, and I suddenly had a craving for country life...




Ahhhh...fresh air does a body good (just for the record Kim was joking around in this shot, I personally think she looks fabulous)...




The beauty inspired a fun impromptu photo shoot in the cornfield (lucky for us Jenny just happens to be a budding photographer and gifted us by taking pictures)...




Considering these are all the "I-Phone" outtakes I can't wait to see what she got with her professional camera...


No rush Jenny...we know you're just a little busy with law school, your photography biz, not to mention Clint and two sweet dogs (she is the girl who does it all).  We're just glad we could steal you away from all the craziness for a little while, you made the day that much sweeter...




It was a Mother's Day I won't soon forget.  Made all the sweeter by the fact that I get to "mother" my own tiny munchkin's.  Speaking of I just have to say that there is nothing better than the excitement a certain five year old in our family has when it comes to gift giving.  She must have asked at least 10 times on Saturday if she could give me my Mother's Day card.  When Nate finally gave her the go ahead she could hardly contain herself.  As she ran up to me about to burst and handed me a very fat envelope (which I've learned means you've hit the "momma jackpot" and are receiving gift cards).  As I started to flip it over she was going a mile a minute and telling me, "It's a SPA!!  IT'S A SPA!!  And guess what else!??" she said excitedly..."WE GET TO GO TOGETHER!!"  Her excitement literally brought tears to my eyes.  The fact that she went cuckoo for cocoa puffs over the opportunity for she and I to get a pedicure together was the real gift.  She had labeled each of the gift cards (one for me and one for her)...






Melt my heart.  It was one of those really happy moments.  Oh yeah, and this is how she signed my card...




the "and Kim" in her sweet little writing is what got me.  I love that kid.


Hope your Mother's Day was lovely in every way.  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails