The problem is I'm surrounded by girls who look good, actually they look FABULOUS, sportin' a pair of skinny pants (enter Carter and Kim)...
So what's a girl with a booty to do? Well this one thought she would just cut her losses and stick with her go to gal the trusty bootcut. But then one day Kim trapped me in the J Crew dressing room. Seriously. She locked the door and wouldn't let me leave until I tried on their matchstick jeans. Okay, okay, I'm being dramatic. I was really just curious and thought I would give us both a good laugh by putting them on. Imagine my surprise (shock really) when I didn't hate them...I actually kind of liked them...okay I loved them....and the icing on the cake they lived up to their name and made me look (or at least feel) a little bit skinnier. (Que skinny jean models in their best pose)...
I'm sure they're not for everyone but I've changed my ways. I'm a convert. A skinny jean fan. What about you?? A lover or a hater?? Inquiring minds want to know.
10 comments:
i was similar in thinking to you and actually broke down and bought my first pair of skinny jeans last fall...and wore them all winter and loved them. then i got pregnant in the spring and now i can't wear them. booo. maybe next fall?! think this girl can squeeze into skinny jeans after 3 kids? :-)
So cute B! You are a true beauty,in every way! Love you, love you!
Girl I was so there...being at my hippiest right now (and I'm not talking 70's either) BUT I have learned the more I tried to hide the curves the bigger I looked SO I bought the jeans and am loving it! I wear them with tunics cuz nobody needs to see the junk in the trunk but hopefully in the near future the junk will be reduced!! :)
I am a lover of the skinny jean! And even jeggings now, which I never thought I would love. I bet you look so cute in yours! :)
I have to thank Sam for convincing me to try them last winter- I LOVE them now- and I never thought I would:)
Hey, where is the picture of YOU in the skinny jeans???
I have to agree with you, but I started noticing "hippier" girls wearing them too, so I had to try. I think that when we stick to our boot cut (my jean of choice too) jean, they can tend to hide our skinny legs - even though we have big behinds:o) So, I bought a couple pair too and have to say that when paired with a longer shirt, I love them! They do make yuou look skinny!
OH YES! Let me give the "skinny" on the skinnys! They are amazing! I love them...I love them...I love them! You can wear almost about any type of shirt with them and dress them up or dress them down. Miss K thinks there pretty cool too! Can't wait to see that pic!!!
I too am a "hippie" girl, but love my skinny jeans- I think they are slimming (in a dark shade for me) and yes I love them with longer shirts too, to hide my post-second-baby behind. :)
Post a Comment