Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Dear Carter, Today you are five...

FIVE!! I can hardly believe it. Let's take a little look back.

This past year, you cut your hair...





You left behind the only home you have ever remembered living in...


You said goodbye to sweet friends...





And made some new ones...



Your dream of becoming a big sister was finally realized...





You sunk your toes into the sand...





And thanks to the hot Texas summer you mastered running, or better yet jumping, through the sprinkler...





AND riding the slip n' slide...



You boldy walked throug the door to your first day of school...







This year you danced...





You laughed...



You played...



You learned a lot more about what it means to share your time...



and your love...



And while I see you looking so beautiful...

So very grown up...

I also can't help but still see you as this...

And this...

My mind flashes back to moments like this...

and this...

I have a thousand image of you that flood my thoughts as I think about the beautiful ride that you have taken us on over the past five years...

It is an absolute joy to be on this journey with you, to watch you live...

Happy Birthday sweet Carter. My heart is full...I love you, Mom.

6 comments:

Marta said...

Carter is absolutely beautiful! Happy 5th her!

Megs said...

that was wonderful beth!

Sole Ravendo said...

Happy Birthday Carter!

Roxanne said...

Happy Birthday, precious Carter. I love you so very much and look forward to seeing you in a few days. I can hardly wait for your birthday party.I hope you are feeling a lot better and get to go to school tomorrow...and take cupcakes for your b'day!

Loved the post Beth. A wonderful recap. My, how time has flown by. Carter is a delight. You have loved and taught her well.

See you soon.

I love you,
Mom

Katie said...

You are such a sweet momma! Happy birthday to the adorable Carter! :)

Sam said...

What a great way to reflect on Carter's year Beth! Happy Birthday Carter! May you enjoy being the big 5 to the fullest!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails