It hasn't felt real yet, but I know that when the packers show up bright and early in the morning it will hit me. We're organized, we're ready, and a week from tomorrow we will officially be off.
We are taking our time and will be spending Thanksgiving with family before I go find us a new casa to live in. Nate will continue with his job here and will be back and forth between states several times in the next couple of months. I think we are both feeling a huge amount of peace about the plan in place and are looking forward to officially being Texans again. Wow...amazing really. We are "going home".
But, this little house has been the one in which our sweet baby turned into a little girl right before our very eyes. It holds fond memories and has witnessed many tears during the separations we have faced as a family living here. I'd be lying if I said there hadn't been times that I struggled to see the light at the end of the tunnel...and now, finally, it has seemingly arrived. I am reminded as I look back that life truly is a journey. We are stretched, challenged and shaped through the experiences that we go through. I believe we will look back on these past three years as ones that made us stronger as family. We know what it is to appreciate each other, to treasure our time together, to not take the little moments for granted...we have learned more about what it means to love.
Carter upon arrival in Whidbey (18 months old)...
Quite the tiny tot...
And, no longer a baby, enjoying breakfast at one of our favorite local restaurants The Calico Cupboard (age 4)...
Taste and see that the Lord is good. ~Psalm 34:8
6 comments:
Congrats on San Antonio! I know your sister lives there but if you need any help or San Antonio knowledge we have TONS of family in S.A. and they would all love to help a newcomer! Good Luck, I wish we were is your shoes:).
I think there's another country song out there called "Boogie Back to Texas"! Glad to hear that y'all are ready to "boogie" and will be here soon!!! - Chad and Susan
I know y'all are ready to get back to Texas, so I'm excited for you! I hope you have a safe trip and happy holidays with your family. Can't wait to see what the next chapter has in store for you guys!
so carter's hot chocolate makes me want to go to calico cupboard... maybe we should do a countdown of your favorite food places in anacortes and gorge ourselves! food solves all issues of first friends moving! hope packing is going well today! cant wait to play in TEXAS with you!
I think I can speak for all Texans by saying, "it's about time!" can't wait to have you guys closer! I'm looking forward to building stronger relationships with you all and it'll be so much easier having you close. Love you guys and safe packing/movin!
I loved Calico Cupboard!
See you soon in TX:)
Post a Comment