Monday, November 9, 2009

Monday Carter Edition #50~Do I love you this much?

Monday Carter woke up on the wrong side of the bed. She was cantankerous and cranky from the start and to be honest I wasn't equipped to deal. What can I say, some days you have the patience some days you don't. I wish I was the "perfect mom" and could say that I never lose my temper, get short, or find myself frustrated over the "little" things...but, that would be lying and I try to avoid that if at all possible (unless you're my sister and ask me if the Arby's to go cup in the car is mine. In which case I will lie and I emphatically deny ownership. I will even go as far as to blame its presence on my husband, when in fact I had really scarfed it as I drove to the airport to pick her up. What can I say I'm preggo and sometimes there is nothing like roast beef and nacho cheese). Anyway, before we headed out the door for pre-school she had already received a few spankings, and I may or may not have said, "YOU are driving me bananas!" (I know, I know, I'm a horrible mom). So we were running late and doing our best to get over a bad start to the day...


Sometimes rain puddle jumping can be good for things like that...

And, if you're really lucky you might even find yourself giggling in spite of a bad morning...

I wish I could report that the whole day was a complete success. But, to be honest I'm spread a little thin and unfortunately that sometimes means Carter doesn't get the best of me. But, she is quite possibly the most forgiving little thing I have ever met. She showered me with kisses, hugs, and a little game of, "Do I love you this much?" before she headed to bed. I'm one lucky mama. Hopefully we'll both roll out on the other side of the bed tomorrow...

5 comments:

Megs said...

i think we all have those days- and for me they occur more than i care to admit (and I too heart the roast beef and nacho cheese when i am pregnant as well:))

Heather said...

Okay, the roast beef sounds fantastic and there is an Arby's down the street fromt he new house, yum. Plus, Lily now tells me, "You're driving me Crazy!" I wonder where she got that from? I hope today is better and yesterday and that it is filled with hugs and tons of smiles!

Roxanne said...

Oh, Sweetie!...and you made 32 jars of strawberry jam last night? I love you and I am praying for you.

Big hug!

Sam said...

So good to catch up with your blog Beth! It looks amazing as usual! We all have the crazy insane days that our little "not so innocent" kiddos can make our days a bit messy. Your an awesome mom who loves Arby's...whats wrong with that???

Sara said...

I ate my fair share of Arby's beef & cheddar sandwiches during my pregnancy. Man those things are DELICIOUS! Hope you're Tuesday & Wednesday have proved to be a little better for you both :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails