Monday Carter spent her weekend like most other children...on a sugar high! Like a lot of other moms I started about a month ago with the, "What is my little cutie going to dress up as?" thoughts. I wanted her input and after discussing it at length she decided she wanted to be a puppy. I did a little research and found that Old Navy actually had a fairly cute (and really affordable, as in way less than Pottery Barn) puppy costume. So off we went....over the river, through the woods and off the island toward civilization. And, while we're on the topic of civilization I am pretty sure that no one else's kids request that you take their photo with the mannequins at Old Navy right?
Yeah, I was pretty sure that was just me. Apparently Old Navy is such a "special" place that we needed to document being there with photos...
So anyway, back to the costume hunt. We arrived and found the puppy but we also ran across something Carter thought was much, MUCH better. Let me just say that in the day of fairy princesses and cheerleaders I was already quite surprised she had decided to be a puppy. Imagine the shock when she changed her mind and could not be talked out of being a....

And not once was she anything but thrilled to be going as a little chick!! I loved it. Our first round of trick or treat was actually about a week ago. I worked a table for our squadron and Nate took Carter around to gather the goods...
and super cute I might add...
She tried to fly the coop...
"Come back here little chick!"
We started the night off with one of our favorite houses in Oak Harbor. Knock, Knock, Kenny and Molly...
Trick or Treat...
Treat of course!!
We were then ready to hit our neighborhood, it's chilly up here y'all!
The night sure is fun, especially when you have your best guy to escort you around...
Little Chick...over and out!
8 comments:
So cute, and I love the "swine" costume as well. The Old Navy pictures were too funny!
carter looks adorable:) i too loved the creativity of your swine flu costumes:)
(love the thanksgiving header!)
I love the Swine Flu thing!! That's so awesome! I never would have thought of that! And of course, Carter is adorable in her chick outfit!
So cute! I wish I had those days back with my "little" grown kids! I will have to settle with the memories....
Rochelle
The "swine" costume is great! Loved her shots at Old Navy too=)
So cute Beth! Great costumes....Glad y'all had so much fun last week! What a cool family y'all are.
How fun!!! She definitely is the cutest chick - and Cooper would agree to that!
Oh, Hudson was a chicken too! Wish they could've taken pics together!
Post a Comment