
Sunday, November 2, 2008
It only gets better from here...
Gosh, this hurts. There are so many reasons why I am thankful for Nate "choosing" the path he did. One being that our time spent apart is usually limited to a few months as opposed to the 6, 8 or more that many military families face. He is never gone that long, but consequently is gone more often. So, as you can imagine, that is good and bad. Good because when he leaves he is home sooner...bad because I feel like I have a wound that never heals. Saying goodbye and living without him for these months is painful. It hurts more initially and then begins to lessen as time goes on and his return grows closer. By the time we are reunited I feel like my "boo boo" is now covered with a giant hello kitty sized band aid. It's cute, it's fun, things are once again "normal" and I sort of forget about the pain. And then out of no where (and much to soon for my liking) life comes and rips that band aid right off, the wound is still there, and did I mention is hurts...like a lot. He is gone, then he's home, and then he's gone and it's like this constant hurt that just get's a little better and then a lot worse again. I know over the next few weeks and months I'll begin to heal again...I'm becoming an old pro and am pretty familar with the drill. But, today it is fresh, today it is as painful as ever, today is always the hardest day because it is the first...it only gets better from here. So I'll keep that in mind. I'll give my self permission to have a good cry while Carter naps on the couch. I thank God that He goes with Nate and the fear I feel is not from Him. For the promise that someday in the not so distant future my heart will heal...this particular pain will be over. But, I think there will always be a little scar to mark this time, this season when my heart felt pain in such a real way. Being in love is tough stuff, but, I highly recommend it, the good out weighs the bad any day of the week.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Beth - I'm crying with you and I can feel that wound that so deeply hurts. As I sat in church today, I was hurting just knowing Jared and I are weeks away from this season in life. You are a strong woman filled with God's grace and love! I will be praying for you and your family - please know that I'm a phone call away whether we need to cry together or get a good laugh in, I'm here for you!
love
sam
I wish I could be there with you right now! I'm sorry that you're going through this again. I'll pray for a safe deployment for Nate again. Love you!
My dearest daughter. When did you grow up and become so brave? You were my child that was always afraid. Always afraid of something. Storms, not having a friend in your class and so many other unknowns! Clearly, our Heavenly Father has been at work in your life. Keeping His word and working all things to your good (because you love Him). I am touched. Inspired to trust Him more and continually pray for you. That He will give you a peace that passes all understanding. I love you so much!
not only does it get better from here... each day means one more closer to him coming home! you can do it - you are one strong momma!
plus, you just call and we are there with chocolate and wine coolers... super classy, i know :) we love you!
Sam, you are one of my dearest friends, there is something so sad and so comforting about the fact that we will be experiencing many of the same emotions at the same time, I'm praying for you too.
Mindi, You've been there for as long as I can remember, thank you for continuing to me there, it means so much and I can't wait to hang out!
Momma, I know Carter needs me to be GREAT right now, but I can't wait to get home to my own sweet mom...there's just nothing like it!! I love you.
Molly, what would I do without y'all. You are one of the best things about Oak Harbor! Thanks for being friends we can count on...I love you for it, and your pizza isn't half bad either! :) Thanks for brightening up a pretty gloomy day! We love ya'!
Beth, I kno i is hard, but you are right that it will just get better from today. It is such a testiment that you miss him so much. I have met many women that couldn't care less when thier spouse is gone. It probably makes him feel very special and loved that you hate having him gone. I'll be praying for you and stay strong- which I know you are! Lanessa
Beth, I can't begin to know how you feel. I know you will make the best of every situation. In just the short time I've known you; I see many, many great qualities! You are an awesome mom, Carter is a lucky girl! Looking forward to seeing you girls soon! Take Care!
I am thinking of you two...again!
Thinking of you and praying for all 3 of you as have this time away from each other. Praying that the days are full of happy moments and that they go by quickly!
You can do it girl.
Post a Comment