Sunday, November 9, 2008

Giggle Box

Carter has the best giggle ever. It is just contagious and hilarious and so fun to listen to. We'd had a pretty long day yesterday. We drove over to Bellingham for her dance class and then, like the brilliant mom, I am I decided it would be really fun to go to TJ Maxx, which was followed by Target and the Gap (because spending the afternoon perusing stores for "good deals" is every 3 year olds dream come true). The highlight of Carters afternoon seemed to consist of using the stool, that some absent minded Gap employee had left out, to climb on and "teach school". People who were shopping were quite entertained, I on the other hand was a little annoyed, every time I tried to get near her to do a little size checking she would sternly tell me I shouldn't be in, "her area". Great, she's already sick of me. We made the trek home and were both a little tired. But, after dinner Carter got her second wind and turned into some sort of crazy person. I got it on video, but this went on for a good hour...

As a complete side note, if anyone is wondering why my three year old is wearing a onesie let me just tell you that someone gave us a pack of Large onesies at a baby shower before she was born. Somehow those suckers have traveled around with us for 3 whole years...they FINALLY fit, and make for pretty good lounge wear!

We also had fun doing our best "Francine faces". For those of you who aren't familiar, Francine is the best friend to DW, they are both characters in some of Carters latest favorite books about Arthur (or Artho-with a long O) as she likes to call them. Anyway, she's been doing her best "Francine" for a while now and we always get a kick out of it...


I joined in on the fun...



And then we ended the night with a little tickling, because it was just necessary.


Nothing can make me laugh quicker than hearing Carter laugh. Nothing can make me sad quicker than seeing her cry. Not the everyday cry, but the cry that means her little heart is really hurting. We've had a few of those over the last couple of days. I'll be honest, I'm not sure how to handle that. She is at the age where Nate leaving seems to really affect her, but it's usually not until around now (the week mark). Initially she doesn't seem to understand the fact that he won't be back by lunch, or dinner, or the next day. Then it starts to set in, he's still not here. When we pulled into the driveway yesterday she had just woken up from a nap and when she saw his car sitting there she got so excited and yelled, "Daddy's home"! Talk about a heart breaker. She's been having trouble sleeping at night, really not like her. That's usually when she cries or gets really sad. I'm sure that has a lot to do with the fact that it's also when she's most tired, I know I feel like that's when I have the most trouble holding it together too. I mean 90% of the time she is seemingly unaffected, it's just that 10% that's a little troubling. I'm just doing the best I can, but I still don't feel like I'm succeeding. I feel like the bridge between the two people I love the most, I just want them to continue to feel loved and connected to the other one. I'm so proud of my husband and his sacrifice, I'm so concerned about the way it affects our sweet little girl, I'm so in love with them both. One week down.

And, on a more positive note...I just have to give a shout out for Zappos! Wednesday I noticed the tiniest little whole in the toe of my UGG, but a hole none the less! I was disappointed to say the least. They had only made it through one season, which wasn't what I had hoped for. After a quick call to Zappos, I was shocked when the lady informed me they would be OVERNIGHTING me a new pair! They arrived by Friday! In a world of lackluster performance I was thrilled to learn that CUSTOMER SERVICE LIVES!!!!

3 comments:

Molly said...

first of all, we really like your giggle box too. she is fun - how do you make them like that??

second of all, she is pretty darn lucky to have you to cuddle with when she is sad. nothing beats a momma's bosom (as momma buchanan would say).

thirdly, our friendship is over because of your background...NOT! it totally reminded me of something you would like :) you would have to do A LOT more than that to kill this friendship. sorry, you are STUCK WITH ME! :)

glad you had a fun weekend shopping!

Kim said...

this is very funny and i am happy to have these people running around my house in less that uno weeko.

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed that you actually got a new pair of shoes! You don't hear about stuff like that much anymore. I guess it never hurts to ask!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails