Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Bye, Bye little vampire teeth!

Last spring we were at the playground that is less than a block from our house. Carter was enjoying playing and the undivided attention she was receiving from some older girls who were there as well. They were probably about 7 or 8 and were treating her very much like a small living doll. It was all fun and games until one of them turned to me, smiled very sweetly, and said, "Ooohhh, she has such cute little vampire teeth!" Seemingly negative, but spoken like such a compliment, Nate and I just laughed and went on our merry way. The observant little girl at the playground had just noticed what has always been a little bit of a mystery around here...Carter's front tooth which grew in with a "V" shaped notch right in the middle. If people notice they usually assume she fell or had some sort of accident. The dentist says it is a fairly common occurrence, and I always looked at it as a sweet little imperfection that made her slightly unique. However, on our last visit to the dentist Carter did an amazing job! She actually sat perfectly still and let them clean her teeth. She was a pro...

So, the dentist suggested that she would probably do just fine with the procedure he would need to do to fill in the "little notch in her tooth" as we fondly call it! You know what, he was right! She did awesome! They gave her a little "happy gas" through a "kitty mask" (all their kid friendly terms) it was pretty funny. She was so relaxed, and kept giving me these sweet little smiles. Here is the transformation...

It was amazing what a big difference this made to me! I think only those who know her well would ever notice, but I was very proud of her, and she is very proud of her "new tooth"!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww! I don't think I ever even noticed that "notch". She looks like she did fabulous! Those pictures of her lying on the chair with that mask on are so cute!

Molly said...

your little vampire is a keeper! thanks for the hot date last night. I would go on a date with you two any day! especially when we can all be named audrey :) hope your trip to the big TX is awesome! you will be missed!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails