Sunday, February 3, 2008

Snow Day

In our little corner of Washington gray and wet are a way of life. However, snow is something that we rarely see, at least not in our own backyard. So, Monday morning Nate and Carter woke me up with the news that there was a blanket of white thrown over our entire view. Quite exciting for the adults in our house and you can double that for Carter. As Nate got off the phone and announced that he would be staying home due to a "snow day" I was reminded of how those two words could bring so much happiness to my school age heart not too many years ago. I felt a little of the same excitement as we all got bundled up and headed out to enjoy making the first tracks through our yard. Our footprints and a small snowman that Nate helped Carter build were all we left behind...



Carter brings a new sense of fun to things we have been doing our whole lives. It's like you get to re-experience everything again, and in most cases it is always a little more fun the second time around.



After playing in the snow we had worked up quite an appetite. It was only 9 o'clock, and the roads weren't nearly as bad as everyone would like to have pretended, so we headed for our favorite breakfast spot The Calico Cupboard. You'll find us here most Saturday mornings. If you ever make it to Northern Washington it's a MUST. They may quite possibly have the best blueberry pancakes I've ever put in my mouth...and now I'm hungry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Carter IS an Angel. And, I love your writings. Love, Nonna

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails