Friday, February 15, 2008

L is for the way you Look at me...

Happy Valentine's! I love this day. So many people say, "Valentine's is over-rated" and "I'm just not into a day dedicated to LOVE!" I say what could be better! We really get into Valentine's around here. I think nothing is greater than a day that reminds you to think about all the people you love and care about. We should live that way everyday but it's great to have a little reminder to go out of your way to show your affection! Maybe it stems from growing up with a Mom who made every holiday extra special. I wan't to be that way for Carter, I want her to grow up loving the special things about each holiday. She has been under the weather this week and we've spent most of our time at home. So, we had ample opportunity to create these little Valentine's I found on MarthaStewart.com, we thought her little friends would love them.

Love blooms! Paper Valentine's with a lollipop center:

I also decided to make a few Valentine's for my friends:


We enjoyed a Valentine's Day Party hosted by my good friend Janelle. It was Carter's first outing of the week and I think she really enjoyed having a little social interaction with someone other than her parents! She was sporting a brand new "Valentine's Day" jacket which arrived in this very cute box, compliments of Roxie...


Here is my little funny Valentine...


Carter would also like to wish everyone a very "spitty" Valentine's Day:

I had planned on ending the day with a nice steak dinner for my hubby, but he isn't feeling so hot himself. So, I made some homemade soup and thought adding a heart shaped grilled cheese to the plate was a nice touch if I do say so myself! We all enjoyed a little gift giving. Carter received a sweet little puppy (stuffed of course), Nate got a bubblegum pink Polo shirt (that I can't wait to see him in), and I got Chanel perfume (my husband should give a class on gift giving, he's that good!) I think we all felt very L-O-V-E-D!
Ok, now at the risk of making this the longest post ever I thought I would include a copy of a story I wrote for a contest. It was just a drawing for a weekend get-a-way, but you had to drop off a romantic story to be entered.
Falling in love with Nathan is the easiest, and best, thing I've ever done! Here's a few of my favorite pictures from way back when...


Meeting my parents for the first time:

Headed to Austin for a night on the town:

Swimming in the lake:

Kissing in the snow:

I love you Nate, I'm so glad you're mine, I'll always be your Valentine!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails