Monday, November 8, 2010

Monday Carter Edition #72~Run Forest Run

Monday Carter here with a little weekend re-cap. Saturday I woke up bright and early and headed to the hill country to run my very first 1K...



I was really excited and took some of my favorite people with me...


My dad is a runner like me and he took the 5K by storm...


While my mom made it more of a walking affair (but she got the job done)...


They wouldn't let Emme crawl the course so she opted to ride in the stroller...


I ran my hardest and was so proud and excited to finish, everyone was cheering and giving me a high fives...


And when it was all over I even got a medal, how cool is that?!


But the best part is that is was all for a really good cause and I'm so happy that some kids will have a new home thanks to all that running! I'm also pretty proud of my Aunt Kim for devoting her time and energy to making it all happen. She's one of my most favorite people in the whole world...

My mom was really proud of me and said maybe next year I'll be ready for the 5K...

The family that runs together stays together!!

3 comments:

L84sky said...

Way to go Carter!! I am also training for my first 5K!! Running rocks! :)

Case and Los said...

Good job Carter! I was 30 before I did my first 5K. I wish I had started earlier like you!!
p.s. Beth, I am thinking of training for the Cap Tex Tri in Austin in May and they have a Kids K too, seems cute:)

Anonymous said...

Congrats :) What an awesome job !!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails