Tuesday, November 16, 2010

DIY~"T-H-A-N-K-S" Banner

This idea is by no means an original, but I thought I would share our recent afternoon craft. With Thanksgiving upon us I knew I wanted to do some sort of activity that would encourage Carter to think about the things she is grateful for. We decided to make a "T-H-A-N-K-S" banner. We created the letters together and I then gave her one strip of paper for each letter to write something she was thankful for on. The first few were things I had expected would make the list like Emme (she loves her sweet baby sister)...

Daddy (there is no doubt he is her favorite guy in the whole world)...
Mom (thank goodness she didn't forget me :)...
and then one that surprised me a little but made my heart happy...
and just to keep me on my toes there was this (the one thing I really don't need anymore of around here is poop and pee so we are constantly debating on this subject)...
The finished product has been hanging in our dining room and I have really enjoyed being reminded to be thankful for so many of the wonderful things in our life...
I know a couple of little people that are at the top of my list...
To be together and to call each other family...
We are so very blessed.

6 comments:

Megs said...

Cute idea! I think it is so fun to see what their little minds come up:) Sounds like Carter knows what she wants for Christmas!

Dacia said...

what a fun idea! i don't know if we'll have time for it this year, but next year, we will definitely do this! love it!

Jessica Jeffrey said...

hi beth, you are taking my family's pictures in abilene next weekend (my mom is terry hall) and we all just couldn't be more excited about it! your girls are so cute, can't wait to meet you!

Christina and Toby said...

I love it! What a great idea! Thanks for sharing! :)

Christina and Toby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lyndsay said...

What about a "prince charming" banner... ideas? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails