Monday Carter is recovering from a late night, and very minor, bout' with Croup. She sounded a lot like a baby seal there for a little while, but I think she's on the up and up! Her dad and I are getting ready for a hot date (ok, so it's squadron related, but that doesn't mean we can't make the most of it!)
I just need to say that while I got a couple of really great gifts for Mother's Day the sweetest one isn't something that can be touched. Yesterday morning I was supposed to be sleeping in, but unbeknown'st to her dad my sweet girl crept into my room. "Mom wake up," she said, "We have lots of surprises waiting for you!" I was groggy but she was being so sweet and kept on eagerly prodding me so I finally caved. I walked into the kitchen (which had just been cleaned spic and span, go Nate) expecting to find the wrapped "things" she was promising. Nate was disappointed she had woken me up, but I assured him I was not. The only things waiting to be opened were a couple of cards...but she was very excited about them. She helped me open the one from Nate first and then as she handed me hers this is what she said...
"We just want to thank you for all the special things you do for us, I love you Mommy."I have never felt more appreciated and yes, it made me cry. The real gifts couldn't be wrapped, they were a little too big. But, I couldn't be more excited, I think it was the perfect "Mom" gift...

3 comments:
Love your new bike and trailer - I will have to get out ours so we can go on a bike ride through the OH!!!
Cute bike and I love the orange trailer. Lily is trying to get over a bad case of Croup. I know your pain. Hopefully, they will both be over it soon!
Woohoo!!! Nate and Carter!Way to make a mom feel special! Love the bike and chariot! Thanks for the pics! Such a cute site.
Post a Comment