Tuesday, May 12, 2009

It's Happening

Holland. I mean Holland is happening in Oak Harbor. Apparently Oak Harbor is a "Dutch town". I don't really know how, or why, but it is evidenced by the fact that there is a Windmill on the beach downtown, and by the fact that once a year they host a little event called Holland Happening. It's small town life at it's best and we've been to the little parade every year. It was actually a couple of weeks ago, but I just ran across my photos from the morning at the parade....


The parade is not one to discriminate, just about anyone can be "in" it! You never quite know what or who you're gonna see...

Lets face it, it's not everyday you get to see a tractor load of senior citizens square dancing on a moving trailer...

This sweet little lady was their recruiter...her pitch, "Your babysitter will cost more than a night of dancing!" Good point Ethel, we'll have to think about that one...

One thing is for sure, the people are friendly and the candy is plentiful...

this little guy had his work cut out for him...

and I'm with these guy's, maybe if we all wear Hawaiian shirts the sun will start shining in Oak Harbor...

Apparently this lady is going to be unable to participate next year and they were wondering if I could take her place...what do you think?

The whole thing is pretty darn entertaining, especially when you're three...

But don't worry, if things get out of hand we've got this guy to get people back in line...

He's the parade Marshall...

What? You don't believe me? Look, it says it right there on his jacket...

It's a tough job people, but somebodys gotta' do it!

The whole thing we'll leave your head spinning!

3 comments:

Roxanne said...

Please! I beg you. Delete that last photo.

Beth said...

why, do you have a sudden "fear of ferris wheels" or something?! :)

Holly said...

Looks like great fun! LOL at the little dog pulling the tiny wagon! :P

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails