Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner & Goodbye.


Basically what today looks like. Breakfast, a little hang out, Lunch, a little more hang out time, Dinner and then goodbye. We'll kiss and hug Nate as we get ready to spend another couple of months of our lives apart. I guess you could say I've been denying it until now...choosing not to dwell or think on it. But, once it's upon you there isn't much choice. There will be tears (there always are) but there will also be perseverance and growth, those are a given as well. I was singing to Carter last night and found some encouragement in a song I know by heart (for those of you with kids Elizabeth Mitchell's music is a must) it's called So Glad I'm Here...

I'm so glad I'm here, I'm so glad I'm here, I'm so glad I'm here everyday...So glad I'm here, you know I'm so glad I'm here, so glad I'm here everyday.

You know joy brought me here, joy brought me here, joy brought me here, here today...Joy brought me here, joy brought me here, joy brought me here, here today.

You know love brought me here, love brought me here, love brought me here, here today...Love brought me here, love brought me here, love brought me here, here today.

I'm gonna' sing while I'm here, sing while I'm here, sing while I'm here, here today...Sing while I'm here, sing while I'm here, sing while I'm here, here today.

I'm so glad I'm here, so glad I'm here, so glad I'm here, here today...So glad I'm here, so glad I'm here, so glad I'm here, here today.

There have been many a day when things (big or small) aren't going my way and this song puts things back in perspective. It always reminds me that each day is a gift and it should not be taken for granted. So, even though today I am saying goodbye (again), I'm so glad I'm here. Because even though it hurts there is joy in knowing that the pain is because I have love....and I'm so glad I'm here, here today.

8 comments:

Kim said...

So sorry sweet family. I hate that you have to be apart I know it's always better when your together.
I love ya'll so much! It will be over soon, thats a given too, right?

Megs said...

I hope this upcoming time away from Nate goes by quickly!

The Army of Allmans said...

Oh Beth, it seems you are writing these goodbyes too often! I am sorry and will be praying for a speedy return.

Sam said...

Beth - You've been such a inspiration to all of us military wives as well as the countless non-military moms that read your blog! I pray that this time is filled with joy, peace, and most of all faith. I love that song by Elizabeth Mitchell...she's the best! Love you girl!

Beth said...

I hope this det goes quickly for you and Nate and Carter. I love that song too-it puts life in perspective.

jillian said...

i just love elizabeth mitchell! you got me hooked:) i pray the time you are apart flies by!

Kimberly said...

Goodbye time again already? I hope the time goes quickly for you. It seems like goodbye is always the hardest part, though. Will you be headed down to Texas again?

Roxanne said...

I feel your pain, dear Beth, and at the same time, your joy. I admire you and aplaud your growth, courage and optimisim. As your daddy says, "Happiness is a choice!" and over time, I've learned he is right. I'm here for you!...and praying. A extra big hug!

Mom

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails