But, lucky for me, after all the years I have finally found the real deal, my very own little baby skates. She not only skates, but she claps, smiles and can even do the limbo!
I took Carter skating for the first time this past Tuesday with her sweet little friends Elli and Ava...

These girls are about as adorable as they come, and they are great little athletes/skaters (when Carter grows up I hope she's just like them!) Here they come (photo by Carter) they're ready for a mini roller derby....
They had all the oldie but goodies. Including the Hokey Pokey...
shake it girl...

Carter was pretty slow moving at first...she had my hand in a death grip and the other one firmly on the wall as we slowly made our way around the rink. She finally started to get the hang of it, and while she wasn't winning any awards for speed, at least she was skating on her own!


I was so proud of my sweet little baby skates...
And when it came time for the limbo I told her we would stand and watch Elli and Ava (it seemed a little advanced to me) but she insisted she could do it! "Fine" I said, "if you can make it out to the middle by yourself you can go." She set off with a slow determined march...proceeded to cut the entire line...approached the pole with caution...and dropped to her knees using her hands to scoot herself through. I have not laughed that hard in a while!! Unfortunately I didn't get her first pass on video, but here is the progression that followed...
YOU DID IT CARTER!!! Your mountain was waiting...you got on your way...I am so proud of your determination, I love you even more for it!! And, the perfect end to the perfect day? A few silly faces I think...


Oh, and a mom's trip to Target was a pretty nice cherry on top!!
3 comments:
What great pictures and how fun! I am super impressed with her bravery at skating! Will you teach me to be such a fun mom when we have kids in 10 years? See you tomorrow for EASTER!
Looks like you guys had a blast! Brings me back to a favorite past time! Love your new blog design by the way - it's super doper cute!
super cute! the first one is my favorite.
Post a Comment